Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about Barclay's???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What about Barclay's???

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never tried reconning before....I wouldn't even know what to say once I got them on the phone.  That worries me a bit. Maybe I should wait and see if I can get my scores up.  My plan was to sock drawer my cap one platinum because I think it's one of those accounts they will never increase.  And I wanted to get in with another bank besides cap one.

I think most of us hate reconnin but we do if we really want the card and don't want to waste an hp.  You would be surprised at what ppl get when doing that!  I did it twice.  Still nervous on the phone.  Suck it up, give em a call, then breath when you're off the phone!!   Smiley Wink  All they can say is no.  And yes, I do tell myself that to get up enought nerve to call.  Positive vibes your way.  

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the others - recon with them. They are very easy to deal with. I have been in touch with them the past couple of days myself with the Sallie Mae card I just got and moving credit limits around. Good luck with the recon - you have nothing to lose now since they did a HP.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was also thinking of adding a Barclay card. My TU is 723. Not sure if I should risk the HP for the ring.

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My rewards application was declined no 7 - 10 day message. I'm not a fan of recon but I tried anyway. They asked a few questions and approved me for 1k. The rewards card is a good card and I'm glad to be in with Barclay. I think you should give recon a try!  Good Luck

Message 14 of 32
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking to add one more major credit card and to have something other then Cap One accts. I've had a Cap One platinum CL $500 for 9 years that I can't seem to get an increase on, but yet they just approved me recently for a Quicksilver One CL $1000. I figured that Barclays might be my next option. I was thinking about trying for the Apple Rewards card. My scores are TU 632 EX 636 EQ 605. I only have 2 inquiries on TU, which is what I think they pull. Is worth a shot with those scores? Should I try for a different Barclays? NFL points or their Rewards? Is one easier than the other??

The 3 lower entry Barclays cards are Barclay Rewards card, NFL Extra Points, & Apple.

I have the Barclays Rewards card and find it every useful. It's great for cash back on purchases. Like all low-entry-barrier cards, you don't want to use it for balance transfers or cash advances... fees and rates are prohibitive.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 32
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I also have heard the Apple one is easier to get, but the rewards card has more versatility. I think you have a great chance of getting it. When I was approved for my SL of $1300 my FICO with them was 603. Now it's considerably higher, but based off that score I think you have a chance. Let us know how it goes!

ETA: Just saw you got the 7-10 day. Did you recon yet? 

Personal:

Business:

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I also have heard the Apple one is easier to get, but the rewards card has more versatility. I think you have a great chance of getting it. When I was approved for my SL of $1300 my FICO with them was 603. Now it's considerably higher, but based off that score I think you have a chance. Let us know how it goes!

ETA: Just saw you got the 7-10 day. Did you recon yet? 

I haven't yet, I'm super nervous about it, since I've nerver reconned before. The closest thing I've done is to call in to Synch and ask for a CLI on  my JcPenney card, to which they promptly denied the CLI....the rep was quite assertive when telling me I was declined, so I'm a little gun shy.  But I'm going to look for the backdoor # now, and call them.

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok....you guys in this forum are so awesome!  This is my first recon....and they approved me!!  honesty is the best policy, I just answered her questions about my profile honestly. She was awesome.

1500 CL.  I'm beyond thrilled! I can't believe it!

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok....you guys in this forum are so awesome!  This is my first recon....and they approved me!!  honesty is the best policy, I just answered her questions about my profile honestly. She was awesome.

1500 CL.  I'm beyond thrilled! I can't believe it!

That's awesome! Like you said, be yourself, answer and with Barclay they will work with you. Congratulations on the successful recon!!

Message 19 of 32
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Nice job! That's exactly how to do it, just be honest.
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.