Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong with AMEX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What am I doing wrong with AMEX?

in 1989, got a Green card. Year later, was stupid -card was closed but was paid off within 30 days of being late on payment.

re- opened Green Amex in May, this year.

Amex's own Credit Report company shows my old credit history with Amex (and as being paid in full reporting good).

Two different phone calls cannot get the darn account back dated, or member since date changed.  Who am I not talking to? what am i not saying correctly? Or is this just a myfico board Myth

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: What am I doing wrong with AMEX?

I think it has been too long for them to back date it. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

in 1989, got a Green card. Year later, was stupid -card was closed but was paid off within 30 days of being late on payment.

Amex's own Credit Report company shows my old credit history with Amex (and as being paid in full reporting good).

Two different phone calls cannot get the darn account back dated, or member since date changed.  Who am I not talking to? what am i not saying correctly? Or is this just a myfico board Myth

I have two Amex cards backdated to 1988. Have you tried talking with the folks at Amex's credit bureau unit?

If not, their number is 800.874.2717

Message 3 of 4
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Please clarify a few things:

So, you're saying the new Green Amex is actually reporting on your credit reports now with a May 2010 opening date? 

FYI:  I'm asking because it took about 7 weeks for mine to report after approval, and you were approved in May.  The "member since" date on the physical card does not matter per se, with regard to what's actually reporting to the CRAs as your opening date.  FlyerTalk has a great thread about this quirk.  AUs experience this quite a bit, but so can returning Amex customers. Card might say 2010 on it, but your actual credit report may state "19xx" opening date, per Amex's internal records on you.  If this were the case, you would call and ask Card Services to "adjust the member since date" on your physical card and send you a new one. Purely cosmetic...but still....

When you called, did you speak to someone in Card Services, and did you escalate to a Supervisor?  

What reason did they state for not backdating your account to 1988, if this is indeed the case?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.