Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I going to do :(

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: What am I going to do :(

@Anonymous wrote:
I am confused in comparing miles to straight cash back programs. if you want miles look for a program that offers good miles incentives. If you want maximum cash back, different ones for different spend profiles. Example Rotators don't bother me.

There is NOTHING miles about the Discover IT Miles, it is a straight cashback card, where you can redeem10K miles as a $100 credit for travel redemption OR redeem it as $100 cash into a bank account of your choice (i.e. unlike Arival or Venture, there is not even a pretence of a better rate for travel redemption).   It's a 1.5% cashback card doubled to 3% for one year.

So, for a year, a great choice for non-category cashback

Message 11 of 13
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am confused in comparing miles to straight cash back programs. if you want miles look for a program that offers good miles incentives. If you want maximum cash back, different ones for different spend profiles. Example Rotators don't bother me.

There is NOTHING miles about the Discover IT Miles, it is a straight cashback card, where you can redeem10K miles as a $100 credit for travel redemption OR redeem it as $100 cash into a bank account of your choice (i.e. unlike Arival or Venture, there is not even a pretence of a better rate for travel redemption).   It's a 1.5% cashback card doubled to 3% for one year.

Interesting. I always thought it was like Venture, which I also thought until now needed to be redeemed for travel.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting. I always thought it was like Venture, which I also thought until now needed to be redeemed for travel.

An easy mistake to make as the way it works makes very little sense.   They go into detail about what constitutes travel, restricting what you can redeem against, while allowing full cashback for anything.   My guess is that they must have intended it to be like Venture at some point (getting into the "travel" space) but somehow decided not to offer a lower reward rate on non-travel.   Which is great for us....

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.