Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are GE cards?

tag
praise123
Contributor

What are GE cards?

I hear a lot of people talk about GE cards. What are they and what is good about them. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are GE cards?

They are store cards backed by GEMB*GE Money Bank* GECRB*GE Capital Retail Bank*.  There are quite a few of them out there, the one's I have are Walmart, Lowes, PayPal Smart Connect and Care Credit.  I can't name them all, but I'm sure someone can.  As to what is so good about them, They seem to be pretty easy to get, and have a generous CLI policy.  They seem to grow with you, which can be good if you are looking for a larger pool to bring your UTI down. 

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 2 of 21
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

cli's every 4 months, they treat you well.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They back a lot of store cards, almost every store card is backed by either them or WFNNB

They do Amazon (store version only), paypal, walmart, old navy, gap, banana republic, lowes...

Well, you can look them up by type here 

http://goo.gl/3vYuO 

Message 4 of 21
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

They back a lot of store cards, almost every store card is backed by either them or WFNNB

They do Amazon (store version only), paypal, walmart, old navy, gap, banana republic, lowes...

Well, you can look them up by type here 

http://goo.gl/3vYuO 

hey cap one bought HSBC for their store card portfolio.  Citibank has more than a few.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I said almost. :-)
Message 6 of 21
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I said almost. :-)

True.  I just felt bad for capital one mostly after paying the 2.6 billion dollars for HSBC card portfolio that you wouldn't give them any credit Smiley Happy.

Having hard time finding comprehensive list of all the stores that use GEMB.  You can do a search by address and type of store to give you nearby store list that uses them.  Here is a link I found but the list seems to be missing some.

http://www.gemoneycards.com/personal/credit_cards/shop/index.html

Message 7 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

When cap1 starts being nice to everyone at myfico and giving them CLIs, I shall award them the credit they deserve, because at that time, they would deserve it. 

And that purchase of HSBCs card portfolio is why they give out no CLIs, they spent all their money...and I don't care if they didn't give out CLIs before...let my imagination play Smiley Very Happy 

Exec: "Well, we have 2.6 billion dollars here earmarked for automatic CLIs for all of our customers"

Exec2: "Well...we're gonna spend it....no more CLIs....ever, MWAHAHAHAHA" 

Message 8 of 21
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Too funny.

Message 9 of 21
flowfaster
Established Contributor

GE is a great bank I don't care what people say.  I have financed all at 0% a samsung 3d wifi TV, carpet cleaner, Pot and Pan set, medical bills and much more.  They have done nothing but help me and my credit.  Between my DGF and I we have 5 GE accounts with more on the way.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.