cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my Chase Sapphire Reserve approval odds in your opinion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are my Chase Sapphire Reserve approval odds in your opinion?

@AllCredit wrote:

In-branch pre-approvals for CSR

Oh, misread your question.  Honestly I'm not sure if they're still doing that as I have no access to Chase branches.  They were at one point but maybe have stopped doing them.

Message 11 of 15
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

No worries!  I haven't seen any recent DPs regarding in branch...but that could always change, I noticed a CSR ad on my IG feed for the first time...so maybe I will have a chance one of these days!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve within the next few months. I would like to know what your guys' opinions are my profile and odds of approval. I have 5 cards Capital One QS $3,050 CL, Discover It $3,700 CL, Chase Freedom $4,500, CSP $7,500, and Amex BCP $9,000. My three FICO scores are all above 750 and my income is 40k a year. I travel about 6 times a year for personal travel and a few times a year for job related travel. I would love some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Given that they already approved you for the CSP unless something drastic has changed or you have reached their internal credit limit for you then your odds are very good.  Kind of curious why you might think that you wouldn't be approved.  Have you added all of those 5 cards within the last 24 months?  No matter what if you live in an area with Chase branches, go in one and ask to see if you're preapproved for the CSR.

Edit to add that if you do apply and are approved, PC that CSP to the Freedom Unlimited.  You don't need both the CSP and CSR and having the Freedom, FU, and CSR cards will maximize your UR earning ability.

I'm currently at 5/24 until July. I wondered if I would be approved once under 5/24 because of my limits on my Capital One and Discover cards which I rarely use and plus I don't have any cards over 10k. My utilization is 0% as I always PIF. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got approved for the CSR (10k limit) with scores in the low 700's and 60k of income.

Before aping I also had the CSP (9k limit) with Chase. I'd say from your scores and history with Chase you have very good approval odds. Though, as someone mentioned previously they may ask you to move some CL around to limit overall exposure.

But to be honest, I plan on PCing my CSP to the Freedom anyways and moving about 5k over to the CSR as my main card. No real reason to have both!

I'd be okay with moving some credit around as long as I wouldn't have to close any cards. I would rather apply than PC because I don't want to miss out on the sign up bonus. I was planning to PC my CSP to a FU if I do get approved once I apply. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@degs138 wrote:

Sounds like you should be good to go.  Make sure the 450 AF will be worth it.  If you take advantage of all the offers then you have to justify the remainder as cost of convenience.  Go get em.

I can justify the annual fee easily on personal travel alone. Thanks for the confidence booster! You're awesome! 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.