cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my Chase Sapphire Reserve approval odds in your opinion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my Chase Sapphire Reserve approval odds in your opinion?

I'm looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve within the next few months. I would like to know what your guys' opinions are my profile and odds of approval. I have 5 cards Capital One QS $3,050 CL, Discover It $3,700 CL, Chase Freedom $4,500, CSP $7,500, and Amex BCP $9,000. My three FICO scores are all above 750 and my income is 40k a year. I travel about 6 times a year for personal travel and a few times a year for job related travel. I would love some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: What are my Chase Sapphire Reserve approval odds in your opinion?

If your utility is low AND within 5/24, I would say chance is more than good.

You can always offer close CSP, move credit line over to open CSR if income/total exposure is their concern.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Though your limits arent quite up to CSR level, you do have 2 Chase cards already so that may help you . If you are under 5/24 that might help as well. Ill leave odds to those who actually have this card but best of luck in getting itSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve within the next few months. I would like to know what your guys' opinions are my profile and odds of approval. I have 5 cards Capital One QS $3,050 CL, Discover It $3,700 CL, Chase Freedom $4,500, CSP $7,500, and Amex BCP $9,000. My three FICO scores are all above 750 and my income is 40k a year. I travel about 6 times a year for personal travel and a few times a year for job related travel. I would love some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Given that they already approved you for the CSP unless something drastic has changed or you have reached their internal credit limit for you then your odds are very good.  Kind of curious why you might think that you wouldn't be approved.  Have you added all of those 5 cards within the last 24 months?  No matter what if you live in an area with Chase branches, go in one and ask to see if you're preapproved for the CSR.

Edit to add that if you do apply and are approved, PC that CSP to the Freedom Unlimited.  You don't need both the CSP and CSR and having the Freedom, FU, and CSR cards will maximize your UR earning ability.

Message 4 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

CSR minimum limit is 10K, you already have 12K with Chase, that's 30% your income.

I think chase could go as high as 55-60% your income, so you may get the CSR with 10K to 22K at 55% your income. 

After my CSR with 15K I applied to CFU (8 months later), they approved the app with only $500 limit. I'm at 54.4% income with Chase.

Remember 5/24, that's the first issue with Chase. Good luck.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for the CSR (10k limit) with scores in the low 700's and 60k of income.

Before aping I also had the CSP (9k limit) with Chase. I'd say from your scores and history with Chase you have very good approval odds. Though, as someone mentioned previously they may ask you to move some CL around to limit overall exposure.

But to be honest, I plan on PCing my CSP to the Freedom anyways and moving about 5k over to the CSR as my main card. No real reason to have both!
Message 6 of 15
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Given that they already approved you for the CSP unless something drastic has changed or you have reached their internal credit limit for you then your odds are very good.  Kind of curious why you might think that you wouldn't be approved.  Have you added all of those 5 cards within the last 24 months?  No matter what if you live in an area with Chase branches, go in one and ask to see if you're preapproved for the CSR.

Edit to add that if you do apply and are approved, PC that CSP to the Freedom Unlimited.  You don't need both the CSP and CSR and having the Freedom, FU, and CSR cards will maximize your UR earning ability.

Have they been offering these lately?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have they been offering these lately?

Offering what?  Product changes to the Freedom Unlimited?  Yup, all the time or maybe I am misunderstanding your question.

Message 8 of 15
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

In-branch pre-approvals for CSR

Message 9 of 15
degs138
Established Contributor

Sounds like you should be good to go.  Make sure the 450 AF will be worth it.  If you take advantage of all the offers then you have to justify the remainder as cost of convenience.  Go get em.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.