Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances for AMEX BCE?

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: What are my chances for AMEX BCE?

They pull your recent credit repot but only you and them can see that inquiry being made.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 11 of 17
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

They pull your recent credit repot but only you and them can see that inquiry being made.

Oh. I see. Thank you.

I think I've read in the past that some people have been denied because Amex will use a credit report from the previous month or something like that (before they had paid down balances). 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 12 of 17
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 17
maceto
Contributor

A

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the Amex bce does that mean if app for another Amex card it's always a soft pull?

Soft pull if declined, hard pull if accepted.

This also the case for Authorized users?
Message 14 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@maceto wrote:
A

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the Amex bce does that mean if app for another Amex card it's always a soft pull?

Soft pull if declined, hard pull if accepted.

This also the case for Authorized users?

Only for primary account holder.

Message 15 of 17
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Well when I app'd for the BCP my Ex score was 714, so If your Ex score is close to your Eq then you should be good, hopefully you get a better Apr than me though!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 16 of 17
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

Oh. I see. Thank you.

I think I've read in the past that some people have been denied because Amex will use a credit report from the previous month or something like that (before they had paid down balances). 

I found with Amex that if you apply for new credit, they sp a current report, but if you request a cli they use the last report they happened to have sp'd for 'account maintanance'.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.