cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances for Discover It.

tag
qd
Regular Contributor

Re: What are my chances for Discover It.

@gettingthere2013 wrote:

@qd wrote:

I'm not the OP, but I wish I would have listened to the advice given re: Discover IT.  I applied and was denied instantly yesterday.  I called recon number and was told it was due to public record on my report.  It was 2 HP with them pulling both EX & EQ.  EQ does not show the public record, but EX does.  It is satisfied and from 2009.  I got overly excited with my scores going up so much in recent months that I thought I had a chance.  They also said too many new accounts recently and I suspect this is what sealed the deal for me. I have 7 INQ on EX and 10 on EQ with 4 new accounts opened two months ago.  It is hard to stay in the garden, but I think a freeze is in order for me for at least the next six months...enjoy the auto CLIs I get and stay patient...lesson learned.

Time to work on that public record removal Smiley Mad

Did you pull your scores located in your Sig from Myfico?

Yes...except EX which I got from EX.

Message 21 of 23
Stralem
Established Contributor

Don't know if OP is still thinking about applying or has already applied, but I thought I'd mention my reports at the time of my DIscover It approval.

My TU score at the time was 643 according to the materials that came with the card. I had 1 collections (~$150), 6 or 7 inquiries, and 15% utilization (actually, one of my new cards had just reported a $0 balance even thought it was really at 90%... talk about awesome timing!)

I was instantly approved online, but not for the terms I had originally applied for; Instead of the 0% intro APR for 18 months, they countered with 3.99% APR for 6 months followed by a normal APR of 18.something percent. I'm glad I got approved, but if I could go back in time, I'd have held off for a little while longer for a higher initial CL.

So do you have a chance of approval? I think so. But you may have to do a recon, and you may receive a wimpy initial CL.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 22 of 23
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Don't know if OP is still thinking about applying or has already applied, but I thought I'd mention my reports at the time of my DIscover It approval.

My TU score at the time was 643 according to the materials that came with the card. I had 1 collections (~$150), 6 or 7 inquiries, and 15% utilization (actually, one of my new cards had just reported a $0 balance even thought it was really at 90%... talk about awesome timing!)

I was instantly approved online, but not for the terms I had originally applied for; Instead of the 0% intro APR for 18 months, they countered with 3.99% APR for 6 months followed by a normal APR of 18.something percent. I'm glad I got approved, but if I could go back in time, I'd have held off for a little while longer for a higher initial CL.

So do you have a chance of approval? I think so. But you may have to do a recon, and you may receive a wimpy initial CL.

Im not the OP but I was also considering applying for this card. After getting a few responses, I decided against it..... But now seeing your results its make me feel like I have a chance it!..... Im wondering if the OP did apply? 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.