cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances of getting approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

What are my chances of getting approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone out there knew the qualifications for getting approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. I'm 22 and have been building credit since I was 18. I told myself that i'd only have 5 credit cards. Currently I have 4 and I want my 5th one to be the CSP. I currently have the following cards w/balances.

AMEX Green: NPSL

Wells Fargo: 3,600 ($591.00)

Citi Preferred: 2,200 (1,971.00)

1st Financial Bank USA: 4,900 ($2,773.00)

I'm working on paying off everything, but I just was wondering if I even had a chance where I stand right now. I'm almost finished paying my WF card, and then i'm moving on to the next.

677-TU

669-EQ

?-EX

also, does anyone know how I can find my fico score for Experian???

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my chances of getting approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

Slim chance. Your scores are low and your UTIL is way too high. I'd wait until you got rid of at least 2 balances or got your UTL down to 20% or less. Excessive credit obligations are too high for CSP. You're nearly maxed out with Citi. I'd wait.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 12
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my chances of getting approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

@zeusta20 wrote:

also, does anyone know how I can find my fico score for Experian???

The only place that issues EX FICO is PSECU, but unless you live in PA or have a reletive who is already a member, the membership loophole is closed.  You can also check Credit Sesame...it seems close to your FICO if you have no negatives on your report.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 12
ricefed
Contributor

Your utilization is way to high. Mine was at 44% in October when I apped for freedom and was denied. I got it down to 23% in November and decided to try for the csp and approved. I also had a banace from another card I wanted to transfer do I applied for the slate and also approved lol. My Walmart fico was a 690 and chase sent me a vantage score and it was 707. When I was denied for the freedom I tried to recon and they wouldn't even do it for a 500 limit.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 4 of 12
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

+1 to the fact you have way too much debt! Your utilization is way to high, red flags waving everywhere. You need to get it under 20%. What other baddies or paid accounts/history do you have? Generally speaking Chase will not extend credit if you have charge offs, judgements or collections either.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 12
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 6 of 12
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Thanks! Yea, I kinda figured much, but I wasn't sure. I've NEVER ever been late on a payment or had any type of charge offs. So the only thing hurting me at the moment is my utilization. I don't have any other debt except for my credit cards at the moment. My Citi card is only close to being maxed out because they were offering me 0% for 18 months, and I did a balance transfer and did as much as I could.

Thanks for the input though. Everything helps.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 7 of 12
Involus
Regular Contributor

I didn't get approved with less than 10% util and a 753 TU. Althought I have a lot of inqs so.

But I wouldn't waste the HP with your util.

Message 8 of 12
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Definitely wait, its a tough card to acquire

Message 9 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

utility is way too high besides that it looks fine =p

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.