Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances of getting...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my chances of getting...

The American Express Blue Cash: I am 18 years old, have 2 credit cards, A capital one with a $300 limit and a new bp visa card. I really want the blue cash for the rewards because I also run a business, and spend most of my inventory on credit. I know based on my limited credit history my chances are slim. However if I have a business and a higher income, do you think I may have a chance? Thanks everyone for your imput!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What are my chances of getting...

if it's for business I would consider a business amex card.
or start with a amex delta and switch it to blue once you get it.
but with so limited history just not sure amex will be the place to go.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, I am not sure if I should even bother applying. Don't know how much that would affect my credit?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue Cash is not a good card for a business.  The 5% cash back categories are for typical household expenses (gas, groceries, drugstores), not business expenses.  The best you will do on Blue Cash if you use it for typical business expenses (not gas, groceries, drugstores) is 1.5%, and that's after you spend $6500 per year on it.  Before that you'll only get 0.5%.

You might want to look into the SimplyCash Biz Card.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-21-2008 08:23 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.