cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances of obtiaining a BofA Secured CC after burning in BK?

tag
Siopao
Regular Contributor

What are my chances of obtiaining a BofA Secured CC after burning in BK?

I'm currently banking with Bank of America. This is where my direct deposit goes.  I just recently opened an NFCU account and would love to eventually move my direct deposit to them but still keep BofA for a few reasons.  But if I do this, I will end up being charged $15 per month to keep my checking account.  One of the ways to get the monthly fee waived is to use one of the BofA cards at least once per month.

So my question is, how good of a chance do I have with BofA to obtain a secured card with them if I burned them in my BK back in Feb 2012?  I currently have 2 CC's ($400CL and $1400CL) both unsecured.

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my chances of obtiaining a BofA Secured CC after burning in BK?

Very low.

@Siopao wrote:

I'm currently banking with Bank of America. This is where my direct deposit goes.  I just recently opened an NFCU account and would love to eventually move my direct deposit to them but still keep BofA for a few reasons.  But if I do this, I will end up being charged $15 per month to keep my checking account.  One of the ways to get the monthly fee waived is to use one of the BofA cards at least once per month.

So my question is, how good of a chance do I have with BofA to obtain a secured card with them if I burned them in my BK back in Feb 2012?  I currently have 2 CC's ($400CL and $1400CL) both unsecured.

Thank you all in advance.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.