cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances w/lower income? Looking at Chase Sapphire Preferred, or other Rewards cards....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are my chances w/lower income? Looking at Chase Sapphire Preferred, or other Rewards cards.

Hopefully my situation can help you a tad.  I'm 20 and still in school but working my tail end off interning and working part time, pocketing probably $1500 a month before rent, utilities, food, etc.  I do not have any loans on me, luckily. I've had a similar $2500 limit card for about 4 years now, flawless record on it.  Never missed a payment, pay everything I've got through it and pay it off religiously.  That card is expiring and I wanted a rewards card.

I decided to go for the Chase Freedom because of no AF.  No sense in getting any rewards if you don't make/spend enough to offset the AF, right? Last I checked a few months ago, TU had me around a 740 i think. I was borderline between very good and excellent or something like that.

Applied online for the Chase Freedom, ping Instant Decision.  That was yesterday, called them up today and followed the prompts to find out they gave me a $3000 limit.  Very reasonable and probably excessive if you ask me, but as a few others have mentioned, it's "room to grow."  Excited to get the card! If you want I can chime in again when I find out what score they pulled when I get all the mailed info.

Hope I could help some.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.