Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my odds?

tag
Creditworthiness
Established Member

What are my odds?

Fico 720, one charge off Verizon account from 2008, 2 30 day lates from around 2007, AAoA 7 years, tons of student loans in repayment, very high income, 2 inqs in the last 24 months, most recent a November Cap One inq (approved for Quicksilver with a 3k limit). Only other card is Cap One platinum with 3.5k limit, utilization around 10 percent. What are my odds of getting an Amex Delta Gold, an Amex green charge card or a Nordstrom card of any kind? TIA!!  

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: What are my odds?

Is that 720 your Experian score. That's who Amex pulls. Have you tried their pre-qualified site to see if you get any offers?
https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/tools/25330?linknav=us-CCSG-ProspectNav-SpecialOffers...
Message 2 of 29
Creditworthiness
Established Member

Thanks!  I got the Fico through Equifax but it says FICO with the registered trademark so I don't think it's a Fako.  I'll check out that link and see if I get any offers.

Message 3 of 29
Creditworthiness
Established Member

No special offers, is that bad?  It suggested I apply for Platinum, Gold or Blue Cash.

Message 4 of 29
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

These predictions are worth what you paid for them, but:

I think amex green is pretty likely. Amex algorithm weighs income and spend heavily. They also seem ready to overlook old negatives, provided there is sufficient blemish-free recent history.

Delta gold less likely than the green (amex generally has looser standards for charge cards since you can't get into as much trouble), but you still have a profile that better matches those who have been approved than those who have been declined. But don't be surprised if you get a low initial limit.

Nordstrom there is a smaller pool of data about approval standards, but I suspect the one you are most likely to get declined for, or get the store card as opposed to the visa. Finance globe lists a likely FICO of 694, vs the other 2 cards are in the 660s for likely success.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 5 of 29
baller4life
Super Contributor

So the 720 is your Equifax score? Ok, you need to know your Experian FICO. The consensus from the board is a charge card is definitely easier to get than one of the revolvers.
Message 6 of 29
Creditworthiness
Established Member

So, its kind of confusing but through Equifax, you can get an Equifax score, a score from all three bureaus or a Fico score.  They're all slightly different.  You think I should check my Experian score through Equifax or would it be better the Experian site?  AMEX only pulls Experian?  Thanks, this is really helpful.

Message 7 of 29
Creditworthiness
Established Member

I checked my Experian score and it's lower -- 705.  Do you think I could still get the AmEx green card?

Message 8 of 29
Creditworthiness
Established Member

It may also bear mentioning that I had AmEx account closed by the lender in 2006.  I was carrying a very high balance, got a windfall and paid of the card in a lump sum.  They responded by closing the account.  I don't think I ever had any late payments reported on that account, just the high balance, pay off and account closure.

Message 9 of 29
baller4life
Super Contributor

The score on Experian site is a fako score. Lenders use fico. You can get your fico scores from myfico. Hard to say what your internal score would be with Amex since it sounds like they viewed you as a risk in 2006.First thing first I would make sure your Experian FICO is 660, 675 and up. I would go for the green or PRG if you do decide to go for it.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.