cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options for other credit cards?

tag
MasafumiGotoh

What are my options for other credit cards?

I wanted to make a new thread with other peoples opinion about this.

These are my cards:

BoA Platinum Visa 300 CL graduated from secure with HP this month. Had the card 1 year

East West Bank Visa(Elan) 10,000 CL Had this for serveral years but I'm a AU

Aoaa = 3 years 4 months

Credit report never had negatives on my credit report. Cap1 pulled me once(I guess it's all 3) and BoA pulled me once to graduate.

Income: My income is going to affect me the most. SSI = about 8,000 a year.

My Util is always lower than 30% but I always pif before the statement opens.

My CK is 695, CS is 801(dunno why it's so high). I am going to buy my scores as soon as they add EX back to fico.

Biggest issue is my income and I don't see it change anytime soon. I want to replace the BoA card because it has a AF. I've tried the backdoor numbers many times to get it removed and I never got it to work. I really want to stick with BoA card because I banked with them for 18 years. I don't use my Elan card much anymore I just use the BoA card for small charges every month. Does being a AU affect getting new cards? Especially with a CL that high compared to my BoA?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What are my options for other credit cards?

@MasafumiGotoh wrote:

I wanted to make a new thread with other peoples opinion about this.

These are my cards:

BoA Platinum Visa 300 CL graduated from secure with HP this month. Had the card 1 year

East West Bank Visa(Elan) 10,000 CL Had this for serveral years but I'm a AU

Aoaa = 3 years 4 months

Credit report never had negatives on my credit report. Cap1 pulled me once(I guess it's all 3) and BoA pulled me once to graduate.

Income: My income is going to affect me the most. SSI = about 8,000 a year.

My Util is always lower than 30% but I always pif before the statement opens.

My CK is 695, CS is 801(dunno why it's so high). I am going to buy my scores as soon as they add EX back to fico.

Biggest issue is my income and I don't see it change anytime soon. I want to replace the BoA card because it has a AF. I've tried the backdoor numbers many times to get it removed and I never got it to work. I really want to stick with BoA card because I banked with them for 18 years. I don't use my Elan card much anymore I just use the BoA card for small charges every month. Does being a AU affect getting new cards? Especially with a CL that high compared to my BoA?

Call customer retention dept about the AF and see if they will waive tell them just like you told us.... you really want to keep your card but don't want to pay an AF as a loyal customer. And with your income i'm thinking perhaps your a student? If so look at Chase,Citi and Cap1 for student cards.Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.