cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options with a useless Chase Slate card?

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my options with a useless Chase Slate card?

transfer limit to freedom. it will not effect util or aaoa
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 11 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had a Chase Slate card since 2005 but haven't used it in many years. Instead of closing the card, I just cut it and through it away years ago. I am very surprised that Chase hasn't closed it through these years.

Anyways, in the last week I opened 3 new CC's and will probabely open another 1-2, which means that my AAoA is going to take a hit. Chase CSR told me that I can only PC to Freedom, but I already have the card. What would you say are some of my better options with this card to minimize the demage it can do to my credit report/score?

Additionally, if I am to keep this card, I need to get a replacement. Chase told me that the only way they can do that is if they report the old one lost/stolen and issue me a new one. What effect will this have on my Credit report?

Thanks

So PC it to the Freedom, transfer the CL from the other Freedom and close that one.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irisa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had a Chase Slate card since 2005 but haven't used it in many years. Instead of closing the card, I just cut it and through it away years ago. I am very surprised that Chase hasn't closed it through these years.

Anyways, in the last week I opened 3 new CC's and will probabely open another 1-2, which means that my AAoA is going to take a hit. Chase CSR told me that I can only PC to Freedom, but I already have the card. What would you say are some of my better options with this card to minimize the demage it can do to my credit report/score?

Additionally, if I am to keep this card, I need to get a replacement. Chase told me that the only way they can do that is if they report the old one lost/stolen and issue me a new one. What effect will this have on my Credit report?

Thanks

A replacement card won't affect your credit. 

Since you've already applied for a Freedom, I would keep both the Slate and new Freedom open for now. I would move the CL and close the new Freedom after applying for the CSP. Then ask for a PC from Slate to Freedom. That's the more complicated option. Smiley Happy 

A simpler option would be to close Slate, move the CL to Freedom, then app for CSP.  Your score may take a temporary hit for inquiries/new accounts, but closing the Slate card won't affect your AAoA for another 10 years. 

I like option 1. Will they let you? It's pretty obvious what the intentions are. Do I have to wait 1 year after Getting the Freedom to PC to CSP? 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+2 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your advice!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

A replacement card won't affect your credit. 

Since you've already applied for a Freedom, I would keep both the Slate and new Freedom open for now. I would move the CL and close the new Freedom after applying for the CSP. Then ask for a PC from Slate to Freedom. That's the more complicated option. Smiley Happy 

A simpler option would be to close Slate, move the CL to Freedom, then app for CSP.  Your score may take a temporary hit for inquiries/new accounts, but closing the Slate card won't affect your AAoA for another 10 years. 

I like option 1. Will they let you? It's pretty obvious what the intentions are. Do I have to wait 1 year after Getting the Freedom to PC to CSP? 

Could you please provide some inforrmation regarding this?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.