Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are people spending each month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are people spending each month?

I was just curious as to what people spend each month to keep their cards active? I have 11 major credit cards and about 5 store cards...my question is is there a certain amount that some of you spend each month on your cards to show activity? What are the main cards that some of you use day in and day out. I use my CITI DC as my main and was curious as to what others use. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are people spending each month?

I put around $500-$700 on my cards monthly. I run about $2 on my AMEX just to keep it active although I don't use it one bit. My daily driver card is my Freedom (most importantly because I still have 0% interest for a remaining 11 months). 

Message 2 of 31
dstew201
Regular Contributor

about $1500 between my two Amex cards, which is about to shift to my Discover card in the next couple of weeks.   

Message 3 of 31
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Wayyyyyyyyyy too much! With doctor/PT/acupuncture/ bills AND me replacing almost every piece of furniture in my home, PIF is pretty much eating all my disposable income. I haven't saved (outside my 401k) since July (I did open a 5yr CD, so I guess that's saving). But, before all of this happened, I came back to this site, and am fortunate to be getting rewards for my purchases. I shudder to think how much money I would've lost had I not come to this forum again. I'm actually looking forward to my big furniture purchases that are coming up in the near future! Smiley Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 4 of 31
icyhot
Valued Contributor

At least $2000 across all cards if not more
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback! Do you mind if I ask, why are you moving to Discover? I also have a Discover...and was just curious

Message 6 of 31
dstew201
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! Do you mind if I ask, why are you moving to Discover? I also have a Discover...and was just curious

Sure!  I primarily used the Amex cards to get the spend bonus for each, now I want to focus on the Amazon 5% cashback category (holidays\birthdays).   At this point the Delta Amex is somewhat useless (aside from the free bag; the zone 1 priority is not worth it), and the ED card doesn't give me point for gas.. I should have read the fine print.

I'll keep them long enough to PC to something more useful, hopefully.

Message 7 of 31
zerbherb
Established Contributor

200$ a month on discover. paying off something on the amex with zero apr 450$ left + plus the monthly adobe charge for 21$.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 8 of 31
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

About $11k-$13k per month. Depending on travel.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

$5K - $6k a month is normal.  There are fluctuations such as travel, Christmas, and such where it is much more.  Then there are months it might be as low as $3K.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.