Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some good college cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are some good college cards?

So I applied for the Sallie Mae and got instantly approved for $6,300 with the WMC and 13.99% APR!!!

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied for the Sallie Mae and got instantly approved for $6,300 with the WMC and 13.99% APR!!!

Congrats! That's a very nice starting limit, I'm glad you pulled the trigger!

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here! We'll see if I convince myself to app anything else tonight when I get back from golfing!

Message 33 of 36
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly what they gave me, LOL

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Fantastic card, you can call and recon your limit too Smiley Happy

As for it vs freedom, how much categories spend will you put on it? If you put $200 per month on category spend it's worth it to grab the it with the amazon promotion. If not, the Freedom is the right choice. Also consider that discover deals are doubled as well.

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if I'll bother reconning my limit, it's already my highest by almost double Smiley Very Happy How much higher do you think it could even go?

But yeah I expect most expenses to get run through this card now, and I already have a 1% back on everything card so I may hold off on another. Otherwise the Freedom is more appealing with the $200 signup bonus.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.