Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Best cash back cards ???

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

What are the Best cash back cards ???

Hello,

I wanted to know what are the best cash back cards with no limit on rewards.

1.quicksilver is nice 1.5%.
2. Fidelity is nice but it goes into a Ira 2%.
3. Amex plum gives 1.5%
4. Discover is ok for the categories but they have a cap.

What other cards are there besides the standard 1 percent.. I'm not interest in category cards I'm just looking a standard 2% cash back card on all purchases...
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: What are the Best cash back cards ???

You can set up a cash management account for fidelity and have your rewards go into that account. It works somewhat like a checking account.

Alternatively, I think there's also an option to write you a check once you reach $250 in rewards?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 30
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I don't think I can get another FIA card I have 3 already
Message 3 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Which 3 do you currently have?

Message 4 of 30
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I have:

1. BOA visa sig cash rewards - 35,000
2. BOA visa plat cash rewards - 25,000
3. BOA accelerated Amex - 20,000
Message 5 of 30
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I'm planning to call for a CLI on my BOA Amex for some holiday spending... Let's see what they say Tom
Message 6 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

If you think you can get a CLI from them, you might as well apply for a new card. Both will involve a HP anyhow.

But seeing your profile on your other thread, I think you should stop.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

FNBO Amex 2% gas and groceries 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngman1234 wrote:
I have:

1. BOA visa sig cash rewards - 35,000
2. BOA visa plat cash rewards - 25,000
3. BOA accelerated Amex - 20,000

Well, a couple options depending on your approach and that is if it's worth it to you.  Fidelity AMEX is perhaps doable if you are willing to reallocate CLs or close one in favor of another.  Drawback: new account/AAoA hit and HP and separate logon FIA portal (plus enharu and Lexie are not crazy of the *pukey* green color - I'm possibly the only nut that likes the *lime green* color).  Additionally, if you have a current BOA banking relationship, there's also the Privileges Cash Rewards which would compliment a PlatinumPrivileges banking relationship (i.e. bonus); however, you would need to plant a minimum $50K (and maintain that level ADCB) to avoid the $75 AF.

IMO, the BOA Accelerated AMEX doesn't stack up to the FIA AMEX with acceptance or rewards - it's ok.  I kept mine for specific benefits but it lags in cashback value even compared to its peers like the Cash Rewards or even the Travel Rewards.

ETA: Just read what enharu and myjourney mentioned in your other post/thread about your recent app spree and inqs.  Perhaps not a good idea at the moment.

@youngman1234 wrote:
I don't have bad credit... I just went on a spree that's all. The Amex thing I understand cus I was Fr'd and a day after I got the go ahead I applied..lol

Message 9 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You can set up a cash management account for fidelity and have your rewards go into that account. It works somewhat like a checking account.

Alternatively, I think there's also an option to write you a check once you reach $250 in rewards?

Right, no need for an IRA, it really is just like cash.  Redeeming into non-Fidelity accounts gives  a worse return, but there really is no need to do that.  Need 5,000 points (=$50) to redeem is the only real disadvantage compared to say Quicksilver.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.