cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Citi issued store cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the Citi issued store cards?

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
I did not know Macy's issued MC. When I look on the Macy's website they dispaly Macy's Visa. Is the Macys Visa issued by Citi? It says it is issued by DSNB or some thing like that. I wonder it is a bank owned by Citi. I am not sure if they have the same requirments as Citi or they maintain their own approval process.

The Macy's credit portfolio is owned by Citi but serviced by Department Stores National Bank (DSNB).  DSNB is co-owned by Citi and Federated Department Stores.
Message 12 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi ducky. Thanks for the link.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

no prob, glad you figured out how to use it. i tried to disable it, thrn just edited.
Message 14 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Does DSNB make their decisions about the CLI and product upgrades? or Citi handles that for DSNB? Also once we get Macy's Visa is it considered equal to Citi issued Visa card or subprime comparing to Citi Card?
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Does DSNB make their decisions about the CLI and product upgrades? or Citi handles that for DSNB? Also once we get Macy's Visa is it considered equal to Citi issued Visa card or subprime comparing to Citi Card?

Underwriting for the store card is done by DSNB.

What do you mean by "is it considered equal"?  Equal in what respects?

Message 16 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi, cheddar, I have excellent business credit with Citi. When I applied for Citi Biz Visa card they would not approve it for my because I am doing PG for it and my personal Credit is not enough. They say they would have given it with out PG, how ever Citi does not have any Major Biz Cards with out PG. I am pretty sure, I would get other Major non citi Biz cards with out my pg.

I like buying at Macy's and as I keep making purchases I am wondering if Macy's would upgrade me to Visa or not. That is why I am asking the question.  Curious having a Macy's Visa Card means any thing in the Citi Card world?
Message 17 of 25
tbenz6876
New Contributor

I have a Macy's card.

I tried to get the Sear's and Home Depot but was told that I had to much credit.
Message 18 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think Macy's is enough. I dont want to apply for Sears and HD.
Message 19 of 25
Heavy-Handed
Established Member

Citi also has relationships/offers lending in other retailers such as Ashley Furniture, etc
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.