Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Credit Card guidelines

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: What are the Credit Card guidelines

Look into the sample goodwill letters on the rebuilding sub-forum. With a few modifications, I was able to use a couple of those letters and get a 90 day late and 30 day late on two credit cards removed from my credit reports.  If you are persistent with it, it can really help your rebuilding.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

I would suggest cancelling the Matrix Discover because of the extremely high annual fee.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 12 of 14
JonStur
Established Contributor

There are obviously some items on your credit report holding your scores down. Until they get removed or fall off, you are really not gonna get cards that are much better than what U already have... With some work, you can make it happen!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 13 of 14
lithium78
Established Contributor

@HiHiHiHiHiHi wrote:

I would suggest cancelling the Matrix Discover because of the extremely high annual fee.

Did Capital One take over the Direct Rewards Discover from HSBC?  If he really wants a Discover, that might be a decent option if it's still available.  It has a $59 AF, but at least it offers a rewards program.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.