newyork21

What are the PRO's / CON's of AU vs. JOINT CC's?

Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Re: What are the PRO's / CON's of AU vs. JOINT CC's?

[ Edited ]
AU - you can use the card but won't get credit for it, so if the primary screws up you won't take a score hit (this comes into force next year).  I have my daughter as an AU so she can use the card in emergencies, and I can easily "transfer" money to her by letting her use it.  May people who have a lot of AU cards but none of their own will suffer when AU status no longer affects score.  They will need to start building their own history

Joint - it is your card, it affects your score, good and bad.  Nearly everything my wife and I have is joint, so we are both establishing better credit every year.  If the co-joint screws up - you take the blame

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 11-01-2007 10:58 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
newyork21

Re: What are the PRO's / CON's of AU vs. JOINT CC's?

Thanks midnightvoice, I understand completely, and am even more stressed that my card is showing up Joint and not AU lol!

I appreciate your response

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}