cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best options for approvals?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: What are the best options for approvals?

i would do some gardening with the cards you have, also for the future i would come up with an plan of cards you would like to get. What i would try to avoid doing is applying for you card you think you can get now, only apply for cards that you actually want/need. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@newhis wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would stop applying for at least 6 months.

Int he mean time you could contact Cap1 EO through Facebook about getting ALL your cards PC to Quicksilver or Venture and remove AF

I would personally close Credit One because of the monthly fee, you only need 3 accounts for best fico scoring during rebuilding so you don't need it unless your util. isn't very good and it's balancing it out.

I usually see Creditaddict encouraging people to apply. In this case is the other way around. I sure listen and follow the advice.

Indeed!   Stop for now and garden, OP!   Close CreditOne (I did and never look back) and keep growing your current cards!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 20
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm in the process of rebuilding my credit, well more so continuing to rebuild but I don't know which cards are the best option for me in regards to approval. I've been reading through all the different approval post and while some seem pretty clear for my situation (like Barclay, who I did get approval for last week) others are not so clear. So I'm hoping perhaps some of the experienced can share some knowledge on which ones I should set my sights on next? Heres a brief synopsis of my situation:

Bankruptcy chap7 Discharged 10/2010

Tax lien (state) - Paid 2014

2 collection accounts - Paid in full 2014 ( working on getting these removed due to I was advised it was a PFD situation but they have yet to delete them)

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

My last credit scores were EQ 646 Tran 656 EX 669 give or take some points now since I applied for a couple cards since then

I recently applied for the DiscoverIT-declined due to bankruptcy

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Question......Did you get the Old Navy Card "after" your BK.....Out of all the stores I shop that is the only store I really want the card for however applying online first question is asking about BK (which I am 4 1/2 post)......Thank you or to anyone that can answer my burning question Smiley Very Happy

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 13 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm in the process of rebuilding my credit, well more so continuing to rebuild but I don't know which cards are the best option for me in regards to approval. I've been reading through all the different approval post and while some seem pretty clear for my situation (like Barclay, who I did get approval for last week) others are not so clear. So I'm hoping perhaps some of the experienced can share some knowledge on which ones I should set my sights on next? Heres a brief synopsis of my situation:

2 collection accounts - Paid in full 2014 ( working on getting these removed due to I was advised it was a PFD situation but they have yet to delete them)

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

My last credit scores were EQ 646 Tran 656 EX 669 give or take some points now since I applied for a couple cards since then

Question......Did you get the Old Navy Card "after" your BK.....Out of all the stores I shop that is the only store I really want the card for however applying online first question is asking about BK (which I am 4 1/2 post)......Thank you or to anyone that can answer my burning question Smiley Very Happy

GE/Sync is very bk friendly

Message 14 of 20
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

Thank you,,,thank you

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

Thank you...Thank you...

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 15 of 20
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

Thank you,,,thank you

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

Thank you...Thank you...

@CredictAddict......Got approved and before I could write down my temp # to use it booted me off...Also cold app'd Walmart and got 1100 to start......Thank you for the feedback-It was just the push I needed to go for it!

*Post 2010 llB*
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

Thank you,,,thank you

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

Thank you...Thank you...

@CredictAddict......Got approved and before I could write down my temp # to use it booted me off...Also cold app'd Walmart and got 1100 to start......Thank you for the feedback-It was just the push I needed to go for it!

Congrats.

Message 17 of 20
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

thank you!

*Post 2010 llB*
Message 18 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

Thank you,,,thank you

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

Thank you...Thank you...

Sweet, Congrats! $1100 at Walmart is fantastic openign line... did they give you MC or Visa on either?

Message 19 of 20
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

Thank you,,,thank you

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MovinOnUp2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Current Credit Cards

Cap one Quicksilverone

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Cap one platinum

Barclays rewards

Merrick Bank

Credit one

Old navy

Walmart

Thank you...Thank you...

Sweet, Congrats! $1100 at Walmart is fantastic openign line... did they give you MC or Visa on either?

I just I just got the storecard (which is fine Smiley Happy)....I called Credit Solutions (my first time ever...haha) to get my credit line for Old Navy , $300.00, and asked them to raise it but it was a no-go....

*Post 2010 llB*
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.