Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances.duck card

tag
Jolynn6
Established Member

What are the chances.duck card

What are the chances of me getting approved for the duck card? I've been reading the 400+ response thread just wanted to see anyone's input. Here's how I look right now,
Kohls is 300 limit and got I. may/June of this year. Lowes is a 2700 auto increase from 300 in June/July of this year.
Bankruptcy in 2010, bought house in June 2013,van in August 2013...credit karma says 687 and creditsesame says 707, I've been denied for every real card I've applied for the past like 2 years....and if I apply do I add my husband as a co-applicant his credit is yucky..in the 500s
Any help is appreciated
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What are the chances.duck card

I'm interested because I'm not sure how BK friendly they are.

I also probably wouldn't add your husband at first if you do apply but maybe after getting approved.

Message 2 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

The Duck card pulls from your Equifax report.    CreditKarma is a Transunion  Fako puller, Credit Seasame is an Experian fako puller. You need to get a fico report from Equifax to determine what your score is (and see if your Bankruptcy reports there)

You are doing great with your Lowes increases, I would wait for more time to pass so that your scores would increase a tad more (when was your bankruptcy?).

I would not apply for more cards yet because your inquiries need time to fall off and increase your scores.

I would not add your husband  since his credit scores would not benefit yours at this time.

@Jolynn6 wrote:
What are the chances of me getting approved for the duck card? I've been reading the 400+ response thread just wanted to see anyone's input. Here's how I look right now,
Kohls is 300 limit and got I. may/June of this year. Lowes is a 2700 auto increase from 300 in June/July of this year.
Bankruptcy in 2010, bought house in June 2013,van in August 2013...credit karma says 687 and creditsesame says 707, I've been denied for every real card I've applied for the past like 2 years....and if I apply do I add my husband as a co-applicant his credit is yucky..in the 500s
Any help is appreciated

Message 3 of 6
Jolynn6
Established Member

Bankruptcy was started February/march 2010... I know end of May early June 2013 made us past 3 year mark.credit sesame said I had 11 inquires, and about 14% utilization
My most recent denial was a Barclay card last month reason being: not enough credit cards.. I'll dig for equifax ...thanks
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Your BK may be too recent for their approval criteria and you may risk an HP and no Duck/Beaver card.  Best suggestion is to wait until things improve on your file and your BK ages off considerably.

Message 5 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Your BK may be too recent for their approval criteria and you may risk an HP and no Duck/Beaver card.  Best suggestion is to wait until things improve on your file and your BK ages off considerably.

+1

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.