Established Contributor
killer_queen229

What are the chances..

If I break through the cracks and apply for a card. What are the chances I'd get approved? Like such as the Chase Freedom card I've been wanting, or trying Discover IT again even though they denied me in the Summer due to "limited credit history". I just want to reward myself. :smileysad:

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

Re: What are the chances..

How many cards aged since the last discover app?

Established Contributor
killer_queen229

My newest accounts are 4 months old. 

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

How many cards were active on the last app, and are still open? This is what they'll notice. The increased age of lines opened before your last denial will work in your favor.

Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

My 2 cents....follow your statement in your signature and stop thinking of credit cards for the moment ...:smileyhappy:

FICO® EQ 784 (as of today) - TU 771 (07/25) * Fako EX 799 (07/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Bronze Spade Garden Club member *
Established Contributor
killer_queen229

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

How many cards were active on the last app, and are still open? This is what they'll notice. The increased age of lines opened before your last denial will work in your favor.

Secured Visa card active since March 2013.

TJ Rewards store card active since July 2013.

Old Navy store card active since July or August 2013.

Capital One Mastercard active since August 2013.

Kohls store card active since August 2013. 

Last app denial was again for a TD Bank card (have been a customer since 2008) and that was in August. 

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

lg8302ch wrote:

My 2 cents....follow your statement in your signature and stop thinking of credit cards for the moment ...:smileyhappy:

Guessing you're the angel on one side, and I'll be the devil on the other.:smileytongue:

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

killer_queen229 wrote:

Last app denial was again for a TD Bank card (have been a customer since 2008) and that was in August. 

Too many "recently opened," so I'd guess if approved at all, it'd be patheticly low limit.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

lg8302ch wrote:

+1

Chances are slim at best.  It almost sounds like you want reassurance on this.  And, as another poster mentioned, if approved...key word being *if* it will likely result in a very low CL.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

killer_queen229 wrote:

Too many "recently opened," so I'd guess if approved at all, it'd be patheticly low limit.

+1

Bingo.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+