cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the consequences?

Contributor

What are the consequences?

I havent used my sears cards in 10 months, but Im planing on using my card in the next few days. My question is, will my scores take hit when I use my card?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: What are the consequences?

No it won't. If you don't use the card soon, Citi will close the account for inactivity and it will show up as closed by grantor on your reports. That's not what you want to see.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Re: What are the consequences?

Oh really? Ouch...I have a Macy's Card with $500 limit applied LONG LONG TIME ago and I haven't used it even once. What should I do?
-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
Message 3 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: What are the consequences?


Eiso wrote:
Oh really? Ouch...I have a Macy's Card with $500 limit applied LONG LONG TIME ago and I haven't used it even once. What should I do?

 

Use it.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Re: What are the consequences?


CreditAble wrote:

Eiso wrote:
Oh really? Ouch...I have a Macy's Card with $500 limit applied LONG LONG TIME ago and I haven't used it even once. What should I do?

 

Use it.

I've never even received the card.I cant use it every month?! I dont buy things from Macy's that much, maybe once a year?!

-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
Message 5 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: What are the consequences?


Eiso wrote:
I've never even received the card.I cant use it every month?! I dont buy things from Macy's that much, maybe once a year?!

Call the contact number that appears on your credit report and ask them to send you a card.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Moderator Emerita

Re: What are the consequences?


williamd1972 wrote:
I havent used my sears cards in 10 months, but Im planing on using my card in the next few days. My question is, will my scores take hit when I use my card?

If you let the charge appear on your statement, you will get a one-time score ding of somewhere around 5 points for an inactive account reporting. The ding will be gone the next month.

If you use the card but pay it off online before your statement date, your scores should not react.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7