cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the criterias to obtain Visa SIGNATURE card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the criterias to obtain Visa SIGNATURE card?

What criterias decide that an applicant receives Visa Signature vs. Platinum/Regular Visa Card?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: What are the criterias to obtain Visa SIGNATURE card?

Generally if a lenders offers VS its a 5k min. limit.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It depends as the VS criteria varies from lender to lender.  Some may just have a minumim $5K CL requirement and can be upgraded while others may require your account to be reviewed for 12+ months (in addition to other criteria) to become elegible.  Some may not offer the upgrade even if you've met the $5K threshold.

Message 3 of 16
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

It depends as the VS criteria varies from lender to lender.  Some may just have a minumim $5K CL requirement and can be upgraded while others may require your account to be reviewed for 12+ months (in addition to other criteria) to become elegible.  Some may not offer the upgrade even if you've met the $5K threshold.

Chase for example needs to have a 12+ month history if you didnt start with 5k, So if you have a 3k Freedom card and get a CLI to 5k (minimum for Chase on VS) your account would need to be 12+ mos. old if you didnt start with a 5k limit. So thats one example for lender wise. I dont know of any lenders that offer VS below the 5k mark, i know World MC gets offered by Barclays and Citi below the 5k mark. Oh i remembered, i think Citi offers a VS card below 5k but its certain cards for them or tiers. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

My Chase card is 5k and came as a Siggy so I'm assuming that's the minimum limit you need with them for the card to be one of those.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

My Chase card is 5k and came as a Siggy so I'm assuming that's the minimum limit you need with them for the card to be one of those.

Chase seems pretty strict on that (at least for CSP) but most other issuers will give Sig with amounts below $5k

Message 6 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Ebates from Synchrony will start some people with a signature below 5k. My card was a sig at 4500
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 16
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Chase seems pretty strict on that (at least for CSP) but most other issuers will give Sig with amounts below $5k

I thought all CSP have at least 5K and are auto-siggy...

Message 8 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I thought all CSP have at least 5K and are auto-siggy...

RIght, that is what I meant by "pretty strict"!  CSP is sig and min $5K.  Most other issuers will give sig with lower limits.

Message 9 of 16
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

As others have said, generally 5K minimum limit for VS.

A note on Chase: when I was approved for my CSP, I had no prior 5K limit, I had just acquired my Chase Freedom >30 prior, and the former was my highest limit to that date at $3,500. I may be the exception or maybe the notions that abound on these forums aren't the hard fast rule.
EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.