Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the odds?

tag
princessminor
Contributor

What are the odds?

So back in 2000 I got a Macy's card and I was never late or missed a payments.  I applied for the Blomies in 2004 and again never late, or missed a payments.  About 4 yrs later, they both offered me the either visa or mastercard line of credit and I jumped at the chance.  My credit jumped from around $1000 for the store part to $10,000 across the board for all parts of the card.  I went crazy and purchased a lot of things, (since then I've grown up) but again was never late or missed a payment.  Fast forward to 2009, the min payments for all 4 payments was too much to handle, so I went on a 1 yr program to lower min payments.  After the 1 yr was up, (no missed/late payments), the min payments went back up to the full amt prior to the pgm.  I then had them close the account so I could be put on another pgm for 4 yrs.  I just paid off both card 9 months early (no missed/late payments) and I wanted to know what are the odd of getting approved for these cards again say in 6 months.  I've paid 20 of the 31 cards we have and just wanted to know if they blacklist once they close an account.  Thanks in advance.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the odds?

@princessminor wrote:

So back in 2000 I got a Macy's card and I was never late or missed a payments.  I applied for the Blomies in 2004 and again never late, or missed a payments.  About 4 yrs later, they both offered me the either visa or mastercard line of credit and I jumped at the chance.  My credit jumped from around $1000 for the store part to $10,000 across the board for all parts of the card.  I went crazy and purchased a lot of things, (since then I've grown up) but again was never late or missed a payment.  Fast forward to 2009, the min payments for all 4 payments was too much to handle, so I went on a 1 yr program to lower min payments.  After the 1 yr was up, (no missed/late payments), the min payments went back up to the full amt prior to the pgm.  I then had them close the account so I could be put on another pgm for 4 yrs.  I just paid off both card 9 months early (no missed/late payments) and I wanted to know what are the odd of getting approved for these cards again say in 6 months.  I've paid 20 of the 31 cards we have and just wanted to know if they blacklist once they close an account.  Thanks in advance.

If you paid, you should be fine.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the above poster. If you paid it then you should be fine.

Message 3 of 5
princessminor
Contributor

Thanks for your responses!!  Gonna try again in December around the holiday season when perhaps they are feeling good about applications.

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Good luck to ya...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.