Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the popular CCs in 2013?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: What are the popular CCs in 2013?

No mention of BoA yet. Earlier, I remember threads regarding the BBR.
Message 21 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
No mention of BoA yet. Earlier, I remember threads regarding the BBR.

Yes, that and the Travel Rewards gets a lot of comments.

Message 22 of 36
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Depends on how one defines "popular".  And whether you mean popular on forums/message boards, or the general population and volume of credit issued.

If you're referring to general population, here's a good indication of the answer.  I realise the data is a few years old, but still gives a pretty good indication of rankings based on popularity world wide.  I doubt there's been much significant change.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36471668/page/11

1 - BofA

2 - Chase

3 - CITI

4 - AMEX

5 - Cap One

6 - HSBC

7 - Discover

8 - Wells Fargo

9 - Barclays

10-Lloyds

EDIT:  But...based on satisfaction...AMEX is still tops according to J D Power.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/23/pf/american-express-credit-card/index.html

Message 23 of 36
phenom880
Established Member

Most popular cards for 2013 for me are.....The ones that I get approved for!!!!!!!

Started my rebuild in 2013 with 500ish scores
Message 24 of 36
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@phenom880 wrote:

Most popular cards for 2013 for me are.....The ones that I get approved for!!!!!!!

What cards do you have?

Message 25 of 36
donahue
Valued Member

Hey I have a question I have 57.000 Ultimate  Reward points  with on my csp   how do I convert  each point worth 10c

Message 26 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@donahue wrote:

Hey I have a question I have 57.000 Ultimate  Reward points  with on my csp   how do I convert  each point worth 10c

You probably can't!  Basically high valuations come from finding international first class flights (or stays at top hotels at peak season), and moving your UR points to those programs.   Finding availability can be difficult.   10 cents per point would be a real stretch.  You are more likely to find 2-3c per point, but it depends where and when you want to go.

Message 27 of 36
Crashem
Valued Contributor

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jd-power-reports-credit-card-customers-frequently-lack-understandin...

This years JD Power Credit Card Satisfaction Study

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 28 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

As far as new cards, I can't think of that many new cards that came out in 2013 besides the Arrival.  The BoA Travel Rewards is new, but not 2013 new.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 29 of 36
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I'm guessing that the hot card of the year with the general public and with a lot of credit card watchers would be the Discover It, since it just came out and is from a well loved company. Next to that, maybe the Amex BCE or BCP for their everyday benefits.

I'm guessing the CSP is hot with higher income people, frequent flyers, members of MyFico forums and so on, but not so much with the average credit user.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.