Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your favorite active but discontinued cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your favorite active but discontinued cards

Only one ... the Citi Forward with the 5x.
Message 11 of 28
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards card

Direct Merchants Bank Titanium card

ETA:  sorry, didn't notice until I had already posted that the thread was looking at discontinued but active cards.  The cards I had listed above are discontinued, but also not active.

Message 12 of 28
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

I have the crappy watered down version of the Forward card. Ugh. Makes me wish I had established my credit earlier than 2013. 

I wonder what the cut off was. I got my Citi Foward in 2013 as well but it's 5x dining, entertainment & amazon still. I got the college student version too since I was still an undergrad. Weird, but I'm not complaining. It is my go-to card for like the vast majority of my expenditures. 

Message 13 of 28
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Hands down the Citi Forward for me as well. 5x points on Amazon, restaurants, and movie theaters all year is very handy.

Message 14 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

yep. citi forward, especially now that I have the Prestige and those points are worth 1.6 cents per point on AA

essentially and 8% back card on dining and Amazon when redeemed for AA
Message 15 of 28
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

BofA Privileges Cash Rewards. 3% Gas, 2% Groceries, with a 50% cash back bonus when redeemed to a BofA account. That program was replaced by the Preffered Rewards but still not as great as the Privileges card. Plus the privileges card design was sexier.
Message 16 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't even have one but based on what I've read, I'd add the 5x Citi Forward to this list. There is no 5% dining card available at all anymore, so that in and of itself makes the Forward something to sorely miss. The closest you can get, to my knowledge, is Chase's AARP at 3% or if it's strictly fast food you can use the Cash+.

Message 17 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't even have one but based on what I've read, I'd add the 5x Citi Forward to this list. There is no 5% dining card available at all anymore, so that in and of itself makes the Forward something to sorely miss. The closest you can get, to my knowledge, is Chase's AARP at 3% or if it's strictly fast food you can use the Cash+.

Many of the posts above have been about this card!

Message 18 of 28
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Yep, heavy user of the 5x Forward card here too. The rotating categories cards give my Forward a break when the restaurants quarter rolls around, but rest of the time it's going to that Citi. 

I wonder if they're ever going to demote our cards down to the level of the new ones. Will be a sad day and I'll instantly stop using it. Would use my Citi DC for dining then. 

TY points are a pain. I requested a tuition check (like, one of the few days to get 1:1 points:$) and my loan servicer still hasn't processed it... it's been months. That was $25 down the toilet. Was better off using it on Amazon, where it's like 80% of the value. (In reality, it's a 4x on Dining/Entertainment card then). 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard citi slashing the 5X on the forward cards are coming soon. A citi banker somewhat hinted at it.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.