Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your favorite rewards cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your favorite rewards cards?

In the past few months I've started collecting rewards cards. I like rewards!!

What are your favorite rewards cards, and what rewards do you get?

I have Kroger 1-2-3 rewards that I use for gas - the extra 5 cents off a gallon, after cashing in fuel points, is like getting 5% off gas.

Amex BCP that I use for groceries

Barclay UPromie cards that I use for any online purchase from company that gives UPromise rewards since the card gives an additional 5% on top of the company rewards, and 10% on Tuesdays.

Discover IT for anything that would fall into 1% cash back from all other cards, and whatever their 5% category is (I'm in the double cash back, so would get 2% or 10% at year end)

I was just approved for Cap1 QS - when my double cash back ends on discover, this will become my go to card for things that don't fall into rewards category since its 1.5%

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: What are your favorite rewards cards?

Im not a big fan on the rotating category 5% cash  back cards, although I should be! Except I often already have the specfic card that the bonus is giving. Therefore, I usually shop through a chase or barclays portal.

but my favorite rewards are; QuickSilver Visa, Venture Visa, Amazon Visa, and CSP 

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Bank of America's Cash Rewards for gasoline, 3% back on gas. I know there's a PenFed card that gives 5% though.

Amex BCP is an excellent choice for groceries.

The Citi DC or Fidelity Amex are better than the Quicksilver as they give 2% back and no annual fee.

A lot of folks on here are believers in the Sallie Mae and AARP cards, if you're into carrying such a card in your wallet, the rewards are excellent.
Message 3 of 36
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

My 3 go to cards ~ Citi voyager, venture, quicksilver. Those cards suit my needs.

Message 4 of 36
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

For cash back, probably Discover.

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I use Bank of America's Cash Rewards for gasoline, 3% back on gas. I know there's a PenFed card that gives 5% though.

Amex BCP is an excellent choice for groceries.

The Citi DC or Fidelity Amex are better than the Quicksilver as they give 2% back and no annual fee.

A lot of folks on here are believers in the Sallie Mae and AARP cards, if you're into carrying such a card in your wallet, the rewards are excellent.

I love my Sallie Mae and AARP cards. Sadly, Sallie is no longer accepting new applications.

Message 6 of 36
galahad15
Valued Contributor

My fave rewards cards, all no-AF Smiley Happy

1.  BoA Cash Rewards WMC (3% on gas, 2% on groceries, 1% everything else)

2.  FNBO Amex (unlimited 1.5% cashback rewards redeemable in $25 increments, plus the low APR in itself is also a nice reward)

3.  Cap1 NHM Ultra Platinum MC (works like a Venture, 2x rewards points per $1 spent)

4.  BoA BBR:  $25 per quarter statement credit for paying above the minimum payment due

5.  BoA Travel Rewards VISA Siggy (1.5% travel rewards per $1 spent)

Message 7 of 36
msbia
Established Contributor

DISCOVER, eBates (love that Big Fat Check), QS Visa and CSP (URs partnered wit Freedom). 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover with Double Cash back, basically a 2% card on General Spending, 10% on categories and what could be upwards of 40% on Discover deals. It's the reason I'm not applying for anything else for another year when my Double Cash Back period is up. 

Message 9 of 36
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sam's MC 5% gas,3% dining and travel
Discover rotating categories
NFCu Cashrewards and Cap One QS 1.5% everything

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.