cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your future credit plans in terms of credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your future credit plans in terms of credit cards?

I just want more plastic.

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

to slow my roll and really weigh in if the card is right for me. 9 CC and 16 mos later,,, CB 'dilution' happened! lolz half of my cards are now SD coz of it. im thankful i found this forum. gained tons of info in just over 2 mos. i now think my approach to credit is a lot more wiser and productive. im now just semi-chasing bonuses/rewards. lolz

Message 12 of 36
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Pretty much the same here. Looks like after a hectic SCT beginning some 2 years ago and then cutting them loose at (1 year), the better cards (Rewards/Bonus) have accumulated and better approvals advanced faster then i thought they would. No need for any new additions that i could honestly say might be of some benefit, (for awhile) so it's time to simply consolidate where available and sit tight for that next new FRENZY to surface this summer.

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

A great goal that will keep you busy and productive!

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you decide? I am in the process of analyzing what I have, the credit lines, the type of card it is and so forth. If and when I app for another cards, I will more than likely close a current one. 

Last year was a crazy year for me. In May of 2015 my Chapter 13 dropped off my reports and I began apping...and apping..Smiley Happy I have already done some combining of cards and closing. 

I am thinking I should wait until next year until my inquiries galore fall off. (Still mad at myself for all those hard inquiries on my car loan.) 

I am still interested in credit union cards. RBFCU for sure and perhaps SDFCU. 

What about you?

Don't know that there is anything that I want to add for several years.  Just concentrating on getting scores up to get a mortgage before year's end. 

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, i think i am pretty good for now. I would like to add a few Chase products (CSP & CU) and maybe another CU (NASA) to go along with RBFCU and PenFed. So, unless some crazy offer comes along i will be in the garden for the foreseeable future.
Message 16 of 36
Kidcat
Established Contributor

I'm at that point too @Musiclover

Ended up getting some of my goal cards sooner than I thought possible.

I travel a fair amount, and have 2 kids across the country, so the airline cards I love.  Since I've gotten the bonuses for spending I'm pretty much just letting them sit until I decide what to do with them.  Same with the hotel cards.

Right now my daily drivers are: Sallie Mae (gas), BCP (groceries), SPG (general spend until I hit bonus and maybe more depending on outcome of the merger), Cash+ (cell phone, fast food).

I have Discover and Freedom for rotating categories.

I haven't decided if I want to focus on travel rewards and really pile up the SPG, or MR points (I have the PRG) or go for the CSP when eligible and stockpile UR points.

I have a written credit plan and I've been tweeking it.  I have various cards SD, and I will likely let them die on the vine, vs closing them.  I have a co-worker who is a credit geek and she has never closed a card in her life.  She just lets them close for inactivity.  Scores +/- 780.  A good person to bounce around ideas.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to let the current inquiries on my credit reports go away and try to get in the habit of regularly using the credit cards I just got. If that ends up working out, in a couple years I may get the Citi DoubleCash & Amex Blue Cash Everyday. Those would provide higher cashback than my current cards and would allow me to see my FICO scores from all 3 credit bureaus for free! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently thinking about the Southwest Premier, because I should be flying SW a lot more in the future with it now having gates at Long Beach. I also really want a CU card ... thinking WSECU. And once I get through 5/24 (halfway there), the Freedom Unlimited and CSP.

Other than that, I will wait for Comenity to close my Eddie Bauer card and continue working with the cards I currently have.

Message 19 of 36
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Think I'm in a pretty good place CC wise. Before finding this forum a year ago I only had 2 CC's for 20+ years. While I realize now that I left a lot on the table rewardwise I still don't want to have lots of CC's just ones that make sense and fit my lifestyle. The only card I still want to add at this point is a Discover It. I PC'd my Freedom to a Unlimited but afterwards thought I should still have one 5%er in the stable. Other than that I'm just gardening and waiting for my last report to be free of that nagging CO. We want to move in the next year or so and I'm doubtful I will app before then however if my scores allow I may just go ahead and get it out of the way this summer.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.