cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your future credit plans in terms of credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your future credit plans in terms of credit cards?

I think I am all set, planning on buying my first house in the next few years so I think I am going to be sitting in the garden until then!

Have all my dream cards I wanted when I started my credit journey a few years ago.

CSP (2X Travel/Dining, Chase shopping portal purchases)

Freedom (Rotating 5%)

Citi Prestige (Lounge access and travel)

Citi DC (2% flat rate)

Amex SimplyCash (5% cell phone, 3% dining)

Amex BCE (sock draw)

Salle Mae (5% gas, groceries and Amazon)

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I become a movie star Crystal Visa Infinite . . .If Putin doesn't ask me to play his stunt double in the Panama Papers movie then Costco Visa and NFCU Flagship/GoRewards

Message 32 of 36
blacheg

I plan on getting into another car, possbily a lease. Any recommendations/suggestions for someone who has young credit with only 3 cards and 1 auto loan with no late payments?

Credit Line:

Discover IT: $7500
Capitol One Journey: $1550
Cap One Platinum: $2100

Current score: 678 Equifax / 676 TransUnion
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to me like your best option is simply to wait as long as you can (ideally 2+ years from your last credit application) before you get a new car loan, and make sure you've paid off the old car loan first. For a shorter credit history, the factor that will grow your score the most is time.

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may pick up another BoA BBR in the next 6 months or so. Other than that I'm set. Good luck on your credit journey!

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture, Ebates, Lowes and nfl rewards in December after that I'm officially done.
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.