Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your goal credit cards?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

What are your goal credit cards?

Let's step away from CLI's, approvals, and the usual stuff that fills these boards, and dream a little Smiley Happy

What credit cards are you trying to obtain? 

Me? I would love to qualify for any American Express card, but still have a ways to go. My goal Amex cards are the EveryDay for credit and Green for charge (no gold because I can't justify the annual fee). 

I'd also love to replace my Quicksilver One cards with regular Quicksilver cards, to get rid of their annual fees as well. 

I'd be interested in the Barclay's Apple rewards, and the Amazon.com card from Chase, because I shop both stores frequently. 

So that's what my wallet would ideally look like - 2 Amex cards, 2 Capital One cards, the Apple card, and the Amazon.com card.

Message 1 of 99
98 REPLIES 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your goal credit cards?

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Let's step away from CLI's, approvals, and the usual stuff that fills these boards, and dream a little Smiley Happy

What credit cards are you trying to obtain? 

Me? I would love to qualify for any American Express card, but still have a ways to go. My goal Amex cards are the EveryDay for credit and Green for charge (no gold because I can't justify the annual fee). 

I'd also love to replace my Quicksilver One cards with regular Quicksilver cards, to get rid of their annual fees as well. 

I'd be interested in the Barclay's Apple rewards, and the Amazon.com card from Chase, because I shop both stores frequently. 

So that's what my wallet would ideally look like - 2 Amex cards, 2 Capital One cards, the Apple card, and the Amazon.com card.

Hmm..

Well.....I am kinda interested in an Ink+ but it certainly isn't a dream card!

Message 2 of 99
robbulous
Regular Contributor

The only cards I wouldn't mind having right now are the Citi Prestige and Chase Ritz. Purely for the perks and luxurious card designs Smiley Wink The annual fee's will keep me from them though. I can't justify it.

Some words of encouragement, 2 years ago I had 2 secured credit cards with $400 total credit available. Now look at my card portfolio. My advice to everyone would be to get in with AMEX asap and utilize their 3x CLI to get a 25k limit. Then any cards you apply for after that will have comparable limits to that instead of lower limits.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 3 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, what's your score like? I got the Everyday card around 680, with a $10k starting limit.

I'm aiming for the Marriott card soon, and I'd love to get the Penfed Platinum Rewards and Simmons First Platinum later on.
Message 4 of 99
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

It will be awhile I'm sure, but my goals are CSP, BCP, and the Marriott card. 

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 5 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I just thought of another one.

Diner's Club Elite. Just because.. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 99
jbsea
Established Contributor

I think that I just said this but that would be CSP and Freedom, and Sally Mae.  Oh and one more BOA Alaska Airlines.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 7 of 99
jbsea
Established Contributor

Or pretty much Nixions line up...  I think he has the cards I want.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 8 of 99
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I am all set for now but in the future I could imagine to app for SPG and IHG. Both are very appealing to me 😀....but the garden police does not have to worry. No escapes planned. 

Message 9 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

I am all set for now but in the future I could imagine to app for SPG and IHG. Both are very appealing to me 😀....but the garden police does not have to worry. No escapes planned. 

Yeah. I want an SPG but would really prefer to app for 35K offer.

Message 10 of 99
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.