Did you mean: 

What bank you can't get your foot in the door with

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: What bank you can't get your foot in the door with

@mross1080 wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:
It is Barclays for me, last 4 years I could not get any thing.

You try the recon number? I've had great luck with that!

Yep. I tried few times and never worked.  I just gave up. It is not worth the aggrevation.

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me its target. I applied before I got some negatives removed though. I'm sure if I reapplied I could get in but now I don't know if I want a target card. Poor credit lines ...

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think allot of times it depends on what underwriter see's your report an what kind of mood their in.

Message 13 of 32
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

In the past, before the internet and myfico.com, and before understanding credit gardening I could never get my foot in the door with Citibank. But it's a new day, I've been gardening like crazy and reaping whatever rewards come my way. Sometime next year I'm going to take another crack at Citibank because at this point I just want a credit card from them just for the conquest and not even use it. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 32
Datx
Valued Contributor

Citi and Bank of America. I cant even get a secured with Bank of America. I havent tried to get a secured card through Citi yet, but I'm not going to even try. I have a feeling I can get into Chase next year once all my EX inquiries aged for a year, that is the only reason I got denied for on two diff times now.

Message 15 of 32
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

In the past, before the internet and myfico.com, and before understanding credit gardening I could never get my foot in the door with Citibank. But it's a new day, I've been gardening like crazy and reaping whatever rewards come my way. Sometime next year I'm going to take another crack at Citibank because at this point I just want a credit card from them just for the conquest and not even use it. Smiley Wink

Then what good is the conquest if you don't use it?  Come on, you gotta put at least a pack of gum on it every month.  LOL. 

Isn't it something though, how back in the day we had no idea what criteria lenders looked for when approving CC apps?  I am grateful for the information and the knowledge though.  And Bank of America would probably throw me a dingy fish net and two herring if I even "thought" about applying with them.  Things went sour some years back and from what I hear, they NEVER forgive!!

Message 16 of 32
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@mross1080 wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:
It is Barclays for me, last 4 years I could not get any thing.

You try the recon number? I've had great luck with that!

Yep. I tried few times and never worked.  I just gave up. It is not worth the aggrevation.

It is assumed that Barclay's CCs are easy CCs to get.  I know first hand that-that is not true.  They denied me a couple of years ago too.  Thankfully, I finally got in with their AmEx.  Still can't believe they have denied you for 4 years though.  Did you hit the VP's parked car and flee the scene?  j/k  :-)

Message 17 of 32
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Bank of America and Discover. 

I have had a BOA account for almost six years now.  In fact, I have three acounts with them.  I had a $10k secured card for 15 months with them that never graduated.  They denied me a card a couple of weeks ago.  I honestly think it's because of an extremely old, and FALSE, student loan entry on my CRs that  is supposedly from BOA/Chela.

Discover denied me recently, again, for "either currently having or have had a Discover card."  I had one back in the day and it makes me wonder if they blacklist?  It was a paid chargeoff years ago that I don't even think is on my CRs anymore (have to check again).

Smiley Mad

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 32
RammaCredit
New Contributor

I think all companies blacklist, even if it was a case of identity theft. I recommend a CU card in yor local area.

Starting Score: TU:636 EQ:592
Current Score: TU:709 EQ:637 EX:706 (PSECU)
Goal Score: TU:790EQ:760 EX: 774

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 32
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Up until a few months ago, it was U.S. Bank.

I went from getting denied with them in the beginning of 2010 (short overall credit history) to being approved for a combined total, across three accounts, of $53,000 in credit products. 

Not complaining now, lol.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.