Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What bank you can't get your foot in the door with

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: What bank you can't get your foot in the door with

Bloomingdale's. Sounds ridiculous I know. But I shop there alot and they denied me two years ago. It's the one card I really want but won't be applyng for again until the end of next year.

I see now they have an AMEX version of their card. I may try that.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 32
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

once again i agree with wallpopolle. i have a really BAD feeling about CHASE, and have yet to apply with them recently (i had one from 2005 cl of 600 and went over the limit, though i was never late on it. closed it in late 2006) . i have not really been turned down, but am confident i would be turned down by chase if i apped with them now. and i would have never apped with hsbc either, but i have a very good past with household, and have wanted to reestablish my relationship with them.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 22 of 32
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I was denied by Discover for not being a University student . I app for both Non-student & Student with TU 747 2 Inq and still they denied me. The CSR even claim that my score is really good but she said it's unfortunate that we can't accept you because you're not a student at UNIVERSITY ( I'm at a community where I will be attending a police academy that's why). I tried to recon twice, sadly I got the same dumb message. Then the CSR suggested to app back in a few months because more likely I would be approved then.I said No Thank YOU! and took my business elsewhere!

Never again will I affiliate myself with a company that Denied me for something so absurd. I would totally understand if they're offering some super amazing rewards, which is not the case here.

Bye bye Discover

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to have a JCB card, but I cannot apply for one because it is only offered in select states.

Message 24 of 32
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not looking for credit now, but for whatever reason, any GEMB CC app gets turned down. The other is Citi. Even with FICOs floating in and out of 700, I still got turned down.

Message 25 of 32
MAstudent07
Contributor

Quite a few for me; Barclay's, Chase, Citibank and  Discover.

• Barclay's- Mailbox Teacher Visa
  • Chase- Freedom and Slate
  • Citibank- Platinum Select MC
  • Discover- More and Motiva
Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a hard time with Chase and I banked with them for a hair over 2 years... I still can't get a regular card with them, but finally tried for an Amazon card and was approved. Next and final card for a long time would be a Discovery,  but can't get approved for one...

Discovery would complete the circle, CapOne Mastercard, AMEX GREEN, Chase Amazon Visa....

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

Bank of America and Discover. 

I have had a BOA account for almost six years now.  In fact, I have three acounts with them.  I had a $10k secured card for 15 months with them that never graduated.  They denied me a card a couple of weeks ago.  I honestly think it's because of an extremely old, and FALSE, student loan entry on my CRs that  is supposedly from BOA/Chela.

Discover denied me recently, again, for "either currently having or have had a Discover card."  I had one back in the day and it makes me wonder if they blacklist?  It was a paid chargeoff years ago that I don't even think is on my CRs anymore (have to check again).

Smiley Mad

Discover does NOT blacklist. I burned them many years ago for $1.5k...Pressler and Pressler then garnished my wages (this was before I was hip to the credit repair game). I applied for them again in 09/2009 and they gave me a $2k limit. Now it's a $4k limit! Very happy that my Fico and credit has improved.

The two banks I can't seem to get are Citi and Chase. The ironic thing with Citi is that I have a regular $1k Exxon card that's serviced by them. Had that since 2/2008.

BOA has given me a refinance mortgage, and credit card. Barclays, a $5k Barnes and Noble Mastercard. I'm trying to get Amex but between the inquiries and paid tax lien, it's doubtful I will get one... Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 32
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Discover is the worst for me; i've been denied at least 3 times in the last 1 year...i'm done apping with them for a while. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 29 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Looks like Discover is much harder to get than many other cards.
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.