Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

What banks will reduce your APR upon request

Inspired by the other Chase thread.  Does anyone have any tips on these banks?

 

US BANK=Will they do an AR and lower your APR at your request and how long was your account open?

Cap One Executive Office=Will they reduce your APR permanently at your request?

American Express=I am still in a 0% period but will they reduce my APR upon request? I have one of the highest rates on my BCP. Any other APR tips for Amex?

Barclays=My NFL card is being used for another bonus thing but it has a 17% APR.  Will they eventually reduce it upon request?


Thanks. Feel free to add your questions.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request

AMEX will reduce if you are eligible. Mine was reduced by 2% upon request

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,512
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request

Capital One tends to do temporary APR reduction instead, like 3% APR reduction for 12 months.

 

So far my experience says only BofA will reduce your APR upon request.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 489
Registered: ‎12-18-2011
0

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request


chnceit wrote:
AMEX will reduce if you are eligible. Mine was reduced by 2% upon request

+1

called Amex recently, spoke with a frontline CSR, they reducted my APR from 10.24% to 8.24% on my BCP


"having a credit card is nice, but having cash in hand will always be king"
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request


L-TWT wrote:

chnceit wrote:
AMEX will reduce if you are eligible. Mine was reduced by 2% upon request

+1

called Amex recently, spoke with a frontline CSR, they reducted my APR from 10.24% to 8.24% on my BCP


Do you carry a balance?  Just checked, my 0% period is coming to an end, and my APR after is 17.9!   I don't intend to carry a balance, but it would still be "better" if the APR is reduced.  But don't want to bother them if it causes me work!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request


bs6054 wrote:

L-TWT wrote:

chnceit wrote:
AMEX will reduce if you are eligible. Mine was reduced by 2% upon request

+1

called Amex recently, spoke with a frontline CSR, they reducted my APR from 10.24% to 8.24% on my BCP


Do you carry a balance?  Just checked, my 0% period is coming to an end, and my APR after is 17.9!   I don't intend to carry a balance, but it would still be "better" if the APR is reduced.  But don't want to bother them if it causes me work!


I see yours say 6'06.  Was this a PC from another card, or backdating?   I got my BCP Feb 2012, but now says Feb 1987...

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 489
Registered: ‎12-18-2011
0

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request


bs6054 wrote:

bs6054 wrote:

L-TWT wrote:

chnceit wrote:
AMEX will reduce if you are eligible. Mine was reduced by 2% upon request

+1

called Amex recently, spoke with a frontline CSR, they reducted my APR from 10.24% to 8.24% on my BCP


Do you carry a balance?  Just checked, my 0% period is coming to an end, and my APR after is 17.9!   I don't intend to carry a balance, but it would still be "better" if the APR is reduced.  But don't want to bother them if it causes me work!


I see yours say 6'06.  Was this a PC from another card, or backdating?   I got my BCP Feb 2012, but now says Feb 1987...


Originally, I started out with the regular Blue Cash, then PC'd to BCP in 2011 when they re-structured their cash back system. And to answer your 1st question, I try not to carry a balance, but sometimes it happens. So if I have to pay interest i want it to be at a low rate, which was my main reason to request an APR decrease!Smiley Wink


"having a credit card is nice, but having cash in hand will always be king"
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.