cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I expect from a Discover CC application with a FICO credit score 700 - 719?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What can I expect from a Discover CC application with a FICO credit score 700 - 719?

I want to apply for a Discover CC with a FICO EQ and TU scores between 700 - 719 ?

Will I get approved?

How much CL might I get?

Will I get the intro 0% APR?

Will they laugh at me?

thanks

Message Edited by latindane on 12-04-2009 08:20 AM
Message Edited by latindane on 12-04-2009 11:36 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What can I expect from a Discover CC application with a FICO credit score 700 - 719?

I received a Discover More over the summer. I don't know my EX FICO because it is impossible to get it (other than from a lender or from PSECU), but I think they pulled EQ. My EQ FICO was around 735 on the day they pulled with about 18% util reporting. Got approved for $1500 initially with the 0% offer.

Others will respond, but I think $1500 is a standard starting point. If the 0% promo is still going on you'd get that. I bet you have a shot if your CR is clean and util is somewhat low.

Message 2 of 10
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: What can I expect from a Discover CC application with a FICO credit score 700 - 719?

I was approved about a month ago with approx a 678 EQ (9 inquiries), 701 TU (4 inquiries) & 726 EX (6 inquiries).  Last baddie was 2+ years ago, approx. 25% util.  Most recent inquiry was a month prior (AMEX).

I originally got a 7-10 day message, then called to find that I was denied, immediated requested a recon, they gave the choice of what report to pull then they approved me for a $1500 CL, and assured me that the account would be reviewed every 3 months for CLIs.

Message Edited by BP2003 on 12-04-2009 08:30 AM
Message Edited by BP2003 on 12-04-2009 08:32 AM
***From ashy to classy***
Message 3 of 10
tiger67
Regular Contributor

I was approved for $15,000 in September with EQ 725, TU 740.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have Discover More and got my card last month.  They pulled EQ and TU for me.  I had a conflicting address which is why they pulled TU.  I can't tell you my exact FICO score at the time, but it was probably around 675-680.  I did get the 0% APR for 6 months and a BT offer as well.  Good luck if you decide to apply!  So far, it's a great card.  In fact, it's the only piece of plastic I've used since I got it.  Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was approved 4-5 months ago for the Discover More with an Equifax score of 748 and TU score of 735, 1% utilization, no baddies or BK's. 1 30 day late 6 years 9 months ago. Approved for a CL of $9,540. 

g/f app'ed for the Discover Student card 2 weeks ago with an Equifax score of 688, 35% utilization, no baddies or BK's. She was approved for a CL of $3,500. 

Hope that helps. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank y'all.

I was wondering if Discover cared much about AAoA and/or length of Credit history given that, even though I have a decent score (or so I think), my credit history dates back to less than a year.

Message 7 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I received a Discover More over the summer. I don't know my EX FICO because it is impossible to get it (other than from a lender or from PSECU), but I think they pulled EQ. My EQ FICO was around 735 on the day they pulled with about 18% util reporting. Got approved for $1500 initially with the 0% offer.

Others will respond, but I think $1500 is a standard starting point. If the 0% promo is still going on you'd get that. I bet you have a shot if your CR is clean and util is somewhat low.

I got approved in July '09 for $2500.  Today the limit is $3400.  I'm expecting my next increase in January.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I got approved in July '09 for $2500.  Today the limit is $3400.  I'm expecting my next increase in January.  

Approved in August '09, $7500 initial CL, CSR says not eligible for CLI until 6 months.

Message 9 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank y'all.

I was wondering if Discover cared much about AAoA and/or length of Credit history given that, even though I have a decent score (or so I think), my credit history dates back to less than a year.

This is most likely going to be a factor and may result in a lower CL/higher APR. The CL is also going to be influence by the lever of your other CL's and your income.

I was approved for my Discover More card in August 2008 with a FICO of around 700. Initial CL was $8.1K and I am now at $10.1K. These are high CL's for Discover.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.