cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can a company see on my credit report when they do a soft pull?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

What can a company see on my credit report when they do a soft pull?

I'm getting denied for CLI's because I have a (false) collection that has been added to my report recently. I'm working on getting that taken care of, but until I do, I seem to be stuck with current credit limits. 

So how much of my credit report can a lender see when they do a SP? I've read that they can see derogatory items, but I've also read that they can't. Anyone haveian idea?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What can a company see on my credit report when they do a soft pull?

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I'm getting denied for CLI's because I have a (false) collection that has been added to my report recently. I'm working on getting that taken care of, but until I do, I seem to be stuck with current credit limits. 

So how much of my credit report can a lender see when they do a SP? I've read that they can see derogatory items, but I've also read that they can't. Anyone haveian idea?

They can see the exact same thing they can with a HP.  There is no difference between the two other then the way they are coded. So if there anything derogatory on your report they can see it.

Message 2 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

They can see the exact same thing they can with a HP.  There is no difference between the two other then the way they are coded. So if there anything derogatory on your report they can see it.

Bummer. Smiley Sad It's amusing to me that even with this derog, I've been able to establish 3 new TL's. I just can't seem to get an increase on anything that isn't Comenity. 

Message 3 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

What is it for if you don't mind?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hi Irish, I have a question -- so can lenders see the soft pulls others have done or just hps??  

Message 5 of 9
travisr0
Contributor

Lenders will be able to see your report and the hard inquiries, I don't think they can see all the SPs that goes on but I may be wrong. Many of those SPs are for your CC companies monitoring your usage.

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 6 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

What is it for if you don't mind?

Well, now that I know they can see derogs with a SP, I know that I won't see any CLI's until this false one is removed from my credit report.

I've been fighting it for four months now. First I disputed it will all three CRA's. then I went to the CA and asked them to cease collection and sent a DV letter. Now I'm waiting for a response to the DV letter.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hi Irish, I have a question -- so can lenders see the soft pulls others have done or just hps??  

No with an SP they can't see other SPs, just the hard inquiries. Even with an HP, they can't see SPs.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

No with an SP they can't see other SPs, just the hard inquiries. Even with an HP, they can't see SPs.

Thanks -- just curious since they make it near impossible for us to see our own SPs, I wondered if they could see who else is watching us.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.