Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 278
Registered: ‎04-29-2007
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership

i have checking, savings and insurance with them however im a military member. i just wish they would refi my auto loan been paying off CC's and paying down my auto loan quicker because this high interest rate i have now is killing me!

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎02-12-2009
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership


score_building wrote:

 

it is a better than avg checking and savings (but i may change my mind if i confirm that there are no debit rewards for non military when i cal tmrw) i think but the affiliation doesn't really differentiate enough without further offerings for some i suppose.  it's a good deal for them, to take on more deposits.


 

There should be debit rewards for sig. based transactions for you... My fiance has it on his usaa debit card and he is not a full blown member, he doesn't qualify. I have the full membership, but only cuz I work there. if I quit before I've reached 5 years they'll take it away Smiley Sad I hope that doesn't happen cuz if you can get in, the benifits are great.

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎08-26-2008
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership


scubagirl1215 wrote:

score_building wrote:

 

it is a better than avg checking and savings (but i may change my mind if i confirm that there are no debit rewards for non military when i cal tmrw) i think but the affiliation doesn't really differentiate enough without further offerings for some i suppose.  it's a good deal for them, to take on more deposits.


 

There should be debit rewards for sig. based transactions for you... My fiance has it on his usaa debit card and he is not a full blown member, he doesn't qualify. I have the full membership, but only cuz I work there. if I quit before I've reached 5 years they'll take it away Smiley Sad I hope that doesn't happen cuz if you can get in, the benifits are great.

 




Please don't take this as being argumentative. Could it be that your husband has the rewards on his debit card because he is the spouse of a person with full benefits ? Over the last few years out of the non military people with no immediate military family members, at another discussion site almost all of them have no debit or credit card rewards -- there have only been a few with rewards who accidentally got rewards.
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎08-26-2008
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership

[ Edited ]

scubagirl1215 wrote:
I have the full membership, but only cuz I work there. if I quit before I've reached 5 years they'll take it away Smiley Sad I hope that doesn't happen cuz if you can get in, the benifits are great.

May I ask a quick off-topic question ? There's a problem with the way that my USAA account is being reported on one of my credit reports. Does USAA have a phone number, email address, or snail mail address for an internal department that deals just with reporting accounts to the credit bureaus ? Should I contact the Executive Resolution Department (I think that's the right name) ?
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-23-2009 10:44 PM
New Contributor
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎02-12-2009
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership

Not at all Smiley Happy actually, we aren't married yet, so he doesn't get any of my benefits. He really wants to switch his car insurance to usaa, and has tried several times, but can't. They won't even let him use the credit monitering service. All that is available to him is the checking and savings accounts. His reward info that came with his debit card (he actually just got it today so I happen to have it right here) says that he'll earn one point for every 2 dollars spent on qualified credit purchases.
New Contributor
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎02-12-2009
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership


MojaveMoon wrote:

scubagirl1215 wrote:
I have the full membership, but only cuz I work there. if I quit before I've reached 5 years they'll take it away Smiley Sad I hope that doesn't happen cuz if you can get in, the benifits are great.

May I ask a quick off-topic question ? There's a problem with the way that my USAA account is being reported on one of my credit reports. Does USAA have a phone number, email address, or snail mail address for an internal department that deals just with reporting accounts to the credit bureaus ? Should I contact the Executive Resolution Department (I think that's the right name) ?
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-23-2009 10:44 PM

 

hmmm... I'm sure they do. I'm on the insurance side of the business so I'm not as familiar with all the other stuff, but I'd be more than happy to find out for you. I'll ask around and let you know tomorrow night when I get home from work
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎08-26-2008
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership


scubagirl1215 wrote:
Not at all Smiley Happy actually, we aren't married yet, so he doesn't get any of my benefits. He really wants to switch his car insurance to usaa, and has tried several times, but can't. They won't even let him use the credit monitering service. All that is available to him is the checking and savings accounts. His reward info that came with his debit card (he actually just got it today so I happen to have it right here) says that he'll earn one point for every 2 dollars spent on qualified credit purchases.


Cool .. I'm very happy to hear that he as a non-military person was able to receive the rewards. Maybe that's a sign that he might receive rewards with the credit card if/when he applies for it ?
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎08-26-2008
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership


scubagirl1215 wrote:

MojaveMoon wrote:

scubagirl1215 wrote:
I have the full membership, but only cuz I work there. if I quit before I've reached 5 years they'll take it away Smiley Sad I hope that doesn't happen cuz if you can get in, the benifits are great.

May I ask a quick off-topic question ? There's a problem with the way that my USAA account is being reported on one of my credit reports. Does USAA have a phone number, email address, or snail mail address for an internal department that deals just with reporting accounts to the credit bureaus ? Should I contact the Executive Resolution Department (I think that's the right name) ?
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-23-2009 10:44 PM

 

hmmm... I'm sure they do. I'm on the insurance side of the business so I'm not as familiar with all the other stuff, but I'd be more than happy to find out for you. I'll ask around and let you know tomorrow night when I get home from work


Thank you
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership


scubagirl1215 wrote:

hmmm... I'm sure they do. I'm on the insurance side of the business ...

Well, then thanks for the fantastic auto policy that you guys wrote for me online last weekend! Smiley Very Happy Saved a ton, and our previous insuror (Safeco) got bought out by someone; forgot who, but our independent agent warned against staying with them.

I'm looking forward to having USAA stickers to go on the backs of our cars.

Of course, I'm running out of things that I can get from them...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎08-26-2008
0

Re: What can we do with limited USAA Membership

[ Edited ]

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Of course, I'm running out of things that I can get from them...


umm.... how about their Amex or Visa (if they still have it) card ?

And I bet you don't have their ATM card that they call a Maestro card. Then your collection of cards would be complete.

And awhile ago they had a free keychain .. I forgot about that until just now. This was the address for requesting one:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=keychain_order
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-24-2009 05:12 AM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.