cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card are you going to app for in 2012?

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: What card are you going to app for in 2012?

None for the next 2 years.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 21 of 147
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Not sure yet, but will be in the summer when I apply and will be for a Prime card, my first.  I currently have:

Premier 10months old

Cap 1     9 months old

Cap 1     8 months old

CreditOne 9months old

HSBC  Visa Gold   7months old

Auto loan:  7months old

Inquiries

TU 7

EQ 23

EX  14

A few Collections have now been paid off and deleted, just have 2 left that wont budge but getting older.  Plus my score did a bounce around with all these new accounts so I need to let everything age.  Smiley Happy

Trying to be patient but not easy!

Message 22 of 147
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I have all of the Cash Back/Points cards I want... Chase Freedom, Chase Sapphire, Discover, Amex BCP, Costco Amex, BofA Cash Rewards... so I want to add another airline card (United, Continental, or Delta) and a hotel rewards card (probably Starwoods Preferred Amex) since I plan on traveling more in the future.   

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 23 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom.

When? Late 2012/early 2013.

Thats all. I have no need for more than that.

Keep it simple stupid and all that jazz.

Message 24 of 147
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Well I should receive my Discover More on New Years Eve, so can we count that towards 2012? If so I would be 1 for 1 on cards wanted. I would like to get a CLI on my Amex Delta Platinum card. Chase Sapphire Preferred, probably late 2012 I would also like to get rid of my Crapital One card, unless they waive my AF.

Message 25 of 147
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:
Well I should receive my Discover More on New Years Eve, so can we count that towards 2012? If so I would be 1 for 1 on cards wanted. I would like to get a CLI on my Amex Delta Platinum card. Chase Sapphire Preferred, probably late 2012 I would also like to get rid of my Crapital One card, unless they waive my AF.

Nope...because you still received it in 2011...  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 26 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

I know it's early but what card/s do you think you will apply for in 2012?

So what say you?

I won't be apping until this time next year so that there's a full year of recent history.  There's already some old history (excellent history) that's on my CRs from back in the day.  The first REAL credit card I want is the Amex BCP so that I can get further backdating for MORE good AAofA. 

Hopefully, my VISA with US Bank will graduate from secured to unsecured. If not, then I'll be looking for a good VISA.

Not sure which Mastercard to app for but, I certainly want something to replace the current Capital One Mastercard.  I'd like for Chase to approve me for something since I've banked with them for several decades but, I know that they will probably insist on another year of history with the recent cards (the secured cards), since they are so fussy about having lots and lots of history.

And, I want a Discover card. 

Message 27 of 147
android01
Valued Contributor

Nothing for 2012, but I'm leaving my options open!
EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 28 of 147
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

Nope...because you still received it in 2011...  Smiley Wink

I won't check the mail until Sunday :-)

Message 29 of 147
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

in mid to late Feb,   Amex Zync (currently pre-appoved) or BCE if i'm pre-approved  need to get some AAoA love currently waiting for my AMEx blue to age to  3 months

and mid 2012  Sam's Club shop there quite frequently and its reported to have good CL's 

perhaps a Visa prime card if i get pre-approved and no AF 

don't have any Visa credit cards, my only visa is a debit card

perhaps Bill Me Later to buy a new HP Server since it doesn't report not really a negative besides a possible INQ but it may only be a Soft since i allready have a tiger direct account. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 30 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.