cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card are you using for restaurant spend?

tag
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: What card are you using for restaurant spend?

Freedom through June (for about 10% back), then likely back to Arrival+ (unless I haven't met minimum spend on my new Marriott or Ink Plus cards).

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesnt really matter which of the 3 cards (Arrival, Hyatt, amex Gold) I use for restaurants - all have 2x pts (amex Gold will have this starting 6/1). 

For now I'm using the Arrival since i need to meet the 1k spend in 3 months but I can also use Hyatt. Starting in June i'll use amex Gold since MR pts are more valuable to me.

Message 42 of 45
yfan
Valued Contributor

My Discover card for this quarter, but I have run into 2 separate independent restaurants that didn't take it. One took Amex but not Discover and the other took neither.

Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using this combo (minus the freedom).  I'm waiting for the Freedom to go to 200 for a signup bonus, but I've maxed out discover this quarter.  If a place doesn't take discover, 3% with AARP isn't bad at all either.

Message 44 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When there aren't any quarterly bonuses for restaurants for Freedom or Discover, I use my AARP for restaurants. 3% cashback at restaurants and it is a surprisingly flashy card. Smiley Happy

Was interested in the AARP, but now: use SimplyCash for 3% back dining, no min/max, rewards applied right after statement generates.  I still use Amazon for 2% with smaller establishments, and those that don't take Amex, get 2%.  Later, transform Amazon into Ink Cash.

Is that even doable with it being cobranded?

Anyway, I'm using my Discover It currently for the 5%. Otherwise, I just use my Quicksilver at the 1.5%.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.