Re: What card do you all use?

C = Cash

Message 12 of 26
PointLager
Established Contributor

CSR travel (not airfare) and dining
Freedom 5x as it rotates
Amex EDP groceries 4.5x. I also buy Visa GCs at grocery stores and use those at Costco, which gets the bulk of my grocery spend.

Flights: Citi Prestige (best insurance coverage)
Online shopping; Citi Att Access more (3x for all online shopping. I also get 24m extended warranty plus citi price rewind)

Everything else: united club card. I value United miles at 2.4c so 1.5x is decent and beats my fidelity visa 2% CB. I also need to put $25k per year on it at least to qualify for united PQM waiver.

Not used but kept for benefits:
Amex Platinum
Ritz
SPG - keeping to see what happens w Amex vs chase and the Marriott merger
Message 13 of 26
PointLager
Established Contributor

I'd prob use SPG as my daily driver for non category because you can indirectly get united miles

SPG--> 3x Marriott = nights and miles promo w united
Message 14 of 26
PointLager
Established Contributor

I shd add that my main airline is united and thus I use united miles first. Then Amex and Citi TYP via Singapore. I hoard my chase UR for now until the first two programs are depleted
Message 15 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'm using Discover for wholesale (10% effective CB until this statement closes), Freedom for groceries (5%), and SPG for anything else except when I am meeting a spend bonus.  For Q3, I should have no problem maxing out Discover and Freedom for 5% on restaurants, and wholesale will likely go on NFCU for the 4% back since my BJ's card has a 0% balance transfer going.  Exceptions would be stores I have cards for: Best Buy (6%), Target (5%), Amazon (5%), Lowe's (5% but I may only use that to stretch out purchases now that I am set up for the 10% veteran discount which doesn't stack with the 5% off on the card) and Kohl's (up to 30% off).  As someone else said, I use Amex Platinum for very large purchases (protection and doesn't affect my utilization) and for the 5x MR on airfare.

Message 16 of 26
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I am trying to gain the best travel rewards. My GF has a SPG so she uses that and I use the Chase CSR & FU for UR points. I was just seeing about recommendations for gas and grocery to maybe get MR or UR (other than the Freedom)
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP for gas/grocery and some big purchases because of limit, Citi DC for misc, Disco for the 5% bonus slot, C1 1 Spark for Biz being replaced next week by Chase Ink or Amex Simply cash,  HD for my ongoing house repair of storm damage

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex BCE is my every day card, if for some reason it's not accepted than I use either my Discover or my Wells Fargo (i honestly can't even remember which WF card it is, I rarely use it unless at Costco). 

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the next year the bulk of my spend will be on my new discover it miles card to maximize year end match.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.