Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card do you use for gas ??

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

What card do you use for gas ??

With gas prices being what they are these days it's a great way to rack up points and rewards.

It's a constant purchase , in my case close to $250-300 a week, so it's actually my most consistent rewarder.

I use my PenFed Visa Platinum w/ 5% back almost exclusively.

It's great logging on and seeing those red numbers on the transaction list.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: What card do you use for gas ??

I would love to use the one you keep bragging about, but DW might hit you upside the head with a cast iron frying pan should I become an AU. Not to mention that'll be something you would NEVER EVER forget, or would you!? Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One of my CU CCs has something called CURewards. It's not a cash back card, but I do earn points for merchandise purchases and travel. I love to travel so it comes in handy. Unfortunately, my CL is pennies at the moment so I can't fully utilize the CC as I would like.

But, I do want a gas card. Just don't want to make the mistake of app'ing for one that "supposedly" is BK-friendly and get another denial. I don't know how much more my heart can take of bad advice!!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't drive too much, nor too far, unless I am doing treatments in Houston. That is almost 180 miles one way and  adds up fast. (Only once every 21 days, though)

I have to go with Discover since the 5% CB on gasoline is this quarter.

Otherwise, the 2% CB Orchard.

I WISH penfed would let me, but I am no where near their radar just yet. Wayy too many new accounts.
Message 3 of 16
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I didn't realize Discover does 5% back. That's a good deal.

What do you mean by this quarter ???

I actually think I got lucky with PenFed. They were one of the first I app'ed for after coming to these boards. I didn't even know about 'pyramiding'. So just by happen chance I applied for them first.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by stef37 on 07-27-2008 10:38 AM
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy cow! How do I shrink that??
Message 6 of 16
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Chase BP and Walmart Credit Card

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 07-27-2008 11:55 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only PenFed, 5% back on gas at the pump credited to every statment, nothing else I have even comes close!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Simply Cash SB- 5% statement credit

I am going to take the $ from Discover as well - 
The 5% on my Discover is limited though- so watch out.
Message 9 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Plat, I might switch to CITI Dividends Plat MC
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.