Established Contributor
jaxstraw

What card do you use for gas ??

With gas prices being what they are these days it's a great way to rack up points and rewards.

It's a constant purchase , in my case close to $250-300 a week, so it's actually my most consistent rewarder.

I use my PenFed Visa Platinum w/ 5% back almost exclusively.

It's great logging on and seeing those red numbers on the transaction list.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Established Contributor
Uniqua

Re: What card do you use for gas ??

I would love to use the one you keep bragging about, but DW might hit you upside the head with a cast iron frying pan should I become an AU. Not to mention that'll be something you would NEVER EVER forget, or would you!? Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One of my CU CCs has something called CURewards. It's not a cash back card, but I do earn points for merchandise purchases and travel. I love to travel so it comes in handy. Unfortunately, my CL is pennies at the moment so I can't fully utilize the CC as I would like.

But, I do want a gas card. Just don't want to make the mistake of app'ing for one that "supposedly" is BK-friendly and get another denial. I don't know how much more my heart can take of bad advice!!

Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
stef37

I don't drive too much, nor too far, unless I am doing treatments in Houston. That is almost 180 miles one way and  adds up fast. (Only once every 21 days, though)

I have to go with Discover since the 5% CB on gasoline is this quarter.

Otherwise, the 2% CB Orchard.

I WISH penfed would let me, but I am no where near their radar just yet. Wayy too many new accounts.
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

I didn't realize Discover does 5% back. That's a good deal.

What do you mean by this quarter ???

I actually think I got lucky with PenFed. They were one of the first I app'ed for after coming to these boards. I didn't even know about 'pyramiding'. So just by happen chance I applied for them first.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Valued Contributor
stef37

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by stef37 on 07-27-2008 10:38 AM
Valued Contributor
stef37

Holy cow! How do I shrink that??
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

[ Edited ]
Chase BP and Walmart Credit Card

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 07-27-2008 11:55 AM
Regular Contributor
Carsalesmn

Only PenFed, 5% back on gas at the pump credited to every statment, nothing else I have even comes close!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Amex Simply Cash SB- 5% statement credit

I am going to take the $ from Discover as well - 
The 5% on my Discover is limited though- so watch out.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Amex Plat, I might switch to CITI Dividends Plat MC
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+