Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card for Partner's BT ?? TU !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What card for Partner's BT ?? TU !!

Hey all!!!  So, my partner has a TU score of 715 - NO baddies ever, 39% UTIL (a bit high i know) and 0 inquiries in one year.  What is a good HIGH LIMIT card we can go for to do a BT of the high interest Cap One accounts ??  Currently has Cap One ($23,000 total CL), USAA $7000, BofA $6000, and WayFair $6100.  Most of the util is on Capone, which we want ot BT over -- already applied for Barclay World Elite just now, approved for only $5000 and recon denied due to UTIL go figiure LOL - they can be some real gorps!  

other reports on ice -- so any ideas who pulls TU that there is a good shot at a higher limit on ? Thnaks !!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card for Partner's BT ?? TU !!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all!!!  So, my partner has a TU score of 715 - NO baddies ever, 39% UTIL (a bit high i know) and 0 inquiries in one year.  What is a good HIGH LIMIT card we can go for to do a BT of the high interest Cap One accounts ??  Currently has Cap One ($23,000 total CL), USAA $7000, BofA $6000, and WayFair $6100.  Most of the util is on Capone, which we want ot BT over -- already applied for Barclay World Elite just now, approved for only $5000 and recon denied due to UTIL go figiure LOL - they can be some real gorps!  

other reports on ice -- so any ideas who pulls TU that there is a good shot at a higher limit on ? Thnaks !!

39% util if most is on cap1 thats $8,970. Ideally you would want the new cards limit to be 29,900 so it would not be over 30%.  (although the liklihood of this person getting approved for a 30k limit card right off the bat is not very high...

Does this person currently have any BT offers available on the cap1 card, like 0% for 12 months?  What is the current apr?  Has the person got on chat and asked for an APR reduction (just a temporary means)

How old is the BOA card and which card is it? if the option is there to request an increse, do it, and take a HP for a CLI on that, and aim high and let them counter, ask for 30 or 35k.  They should have recurrent BT offers on the BOA card.  Then theres no need to open a new account.  If you dont see a BT offer on the card, then call in to a sr credit analyst.  BOA pulls TU for me for increases.

USAA  might have a low interest loan as a last resort as well.

Maybe the USAA card has a lower interest rate, may be able to get an increase on that and move some of it there?  Does USAA do product changes? They have a card with a rate as low as 7.15.  So may try for increase an APR reduction there.  They do have BT fees 3% but capped at 200 so that will save you 60 bucks.

So the arrival plus did get approved but only for 5k?  once you meet the minimum spend to get the 50k offer, then submit a BT to it for 1500-2000.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.