Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card is best

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What card is best

I currently have 2 orchard bank cards with bal of $320(CL$400.) on each and 1 GE money card bal $4200.00 (CL $5000.)  my scores are tu 603--eq 613- ex 593.  Would I qualify for any better cards?  or should i just pay them down and ask for a higher limit
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card is best

I'd say get your utilization down and it'd bump up your score a fair amount. At that point you would almost certainly qualify for some prime cards and could get rid of your Orchard Bank and GEMB cards (Sock-drawer them, not cancel them).
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card is best

Agreed with jay that your primary concern should be paying them down.  It couldn't hurt to request a CLI while you're at it (so long as it doesn't result in a hard inq).  Many people have had good luck with the Orchard backdoor number.  Not sure what GEMB card you have, but as far as I know GEMB does softs for CLI requests. 

So my advice is to pay those puppies down and ask for CLIs.  Once the lowered utilization hits your reports, you should see a nice score increase.  Once your scores increase, check whogavemecredit.com for guidance and inspiration as to what approvals your shiny new scores might get you.  Good luck!

Message Edited by lurknomore on 08-12-2008 06:30 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.