cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card is next on your "must have" or wanted list?

tag
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Re: What card is next on your "must have" or wanted list?

The only card I had on my wish list was the CSP but now it's the CSR - going for it in November.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 51 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

While cardholders get TU FICO, the free version is Experien. Sorry

Message 52 of 75
JamP
Valued Contributor

As stated above, I'm good unless something great comes along.

I kinda wanted the Marvel card for Iron Man and probably a 20 to 25k CL. Smiley Very Happy

Keep them coming.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 53 of 75
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

The next card on my must have list is the Citi Double Cash.  If everything goes according to my plan, I'll acquire that card through a PC in the next week or two.

Earlier this summer, I was tempted to apply for the Fidelity Visa card (since I don't have a 2% cash back card yet), but I decided to wait for the Citi DC because I didn't want to end up with two 2% cards that each have redemption thresholds.  Plus, I'm more of a less cards is more kinda guy.

I was also considering the Marvel MC earlier this summer, but my Discover it card made it hard to justify with the restaurant quarter and the Six Flags 5% promotion they were running this summer.

Message 54 of 75
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

J/c, what card is next on your "must have" or wanted list?

For me, it would be the Western/Unify FCU Variable-Rate VISA, as advertised on their website at as low as 5.24% V (also very helpfully clarified by baller4life as actually being 4.99% V, since Unify apparently hasn't updated the current rate yet on their website).  I think I will prolly have to improve my credit score just a bit more first, in order to be able to qualify for their potential best rate of 4.99% V.

https://www.western.org/variable-rate-visa-credit-card

I wish MyFico would come out with a co-branded card which would provide cardholders with a free 3b pull on MyFico every 3 months. They may have to put like a 1500 every 3 months worth of charges stipulation to recieve 3b pulls. I wonder if Fico has considered this?

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 55 of 75
iced
Valued Contributor

The card I want doesn't exist. If Chase ever decides to release a card with the point earning potential of the Reserve with the benefits of the MP Club, I'll sign up for it.

Message 56 of 75
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

The next card on my must have list is the Citi Double Cash.  If everything goes according to my plan, I'll acquire that card through a PC in the next week or two.

Earlier this summer, I was tempted to apply for the Fidelity Visa card (since I don't have a 2% cash back card yet), but I decided to wait for the Citi DC because I didn't want to end up with two 2% cards that each have redemption thresholds.  Plus, I'm more of a less cards is more kinda guy.

I was also considering the Marvel MC earlier this summer, but my Discover it card made it hard to justify with the restaurant quarter and the Six Flags 5% promotion they were running this summer.

I just recently recieved the DC card and they approved with measly 4000 sl, so when I recieved it I requested CLI which required another hp. So I had to use 2 hp's to get the DC limit to 10000 grrrrrr!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 57 of 75
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

I just recently recieved the DC card and they approved with measly 4000 sl, so when I recieved it I requested CLI which required another hp. So I had to use 2 hp's to get the DC limit to 10000 grrrrrr!

That's a bummer that you had to take 2 HPs, but you have a nice limit to show for it.  I've read where some people rolled the dice with the second pull and got denied.  Fortunately, the limit on my ThankYou Premier is nearly 10K already.  I'm planning to try for another SP increase when it hits the one year mark before I try to PC it.

Message 58 of 75
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

There's no card out there that I currently want besides Amex Centurion, which is nothing but a pipe dream for me at this stage in my life.

Barring any new Delta credit cards or new cards that are released due to the SPG/Marriott merger, I'm perfectly satisfied with the cards I have now, and look forward to watching my limits grow over time.

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 59 of 75
redpat
Senior Contributor

I had it and now it's gone when Citi.nerfed Presitge AA lounge access and golf.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 60 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.