Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card/lender is most likely to give auto-cli with minimal use

tag
red259
Super Contributor

What card/lender is most likely to give auto-cli with minimal use

What lender, if any, is most likely to give an auto-cli on a card even if its in the SD? Like if you had to pick one card to get approved for and throw in a drawer, which card would it be. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: What card/lender is most likely to give auto-cli with minimal use

IME, US bank. Do $16 monthly, on autopay, and nothing more. CLI's like clockwork every nine months, averaging 25% of total CL.

Message 2 of 9
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

For me, Penfed.  I got an offer for either a new cc or a CLI on my Platinum Rewards Visa.  I took the CLI 13K ---> 20K.  I had used the card twice in the 8 months I had it, each tranaction was under $2

It's not auto CLI, but CapOne EO has been good to me.  Went from 3K ---> 10K with only a $13/mo autopay

Message 3 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Like if you had to pick one card to get approved for and throw in a drawer, which card would it be. 

I don't apply for cards to fill my SD.  I doubt anyone has conclusive evidence that's it's usage that matters for CLI's versus the usual suspects with credit.  There's some anecdotal evidence already posted in this thread but they've exlcuded the info regarding other changes to their credit that probably had a bigger impact.

Message 4 of 9
red259
Super Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Like if you had to pick one card to get approved for and throw in a drawer, which card would it be. 

I don't apply for cards to fill my SD.  I doubt anyone has conclusive evidence that's it's usage that matters for CLI's versus the usual suspects with credit.  There's some anecdotal evidence already posted in this thread but they've exlcuded the info regarding other changes to their credit that probably had a bigger impact.

Well being I got denied a cap 1 cli for the sole reason of not utilizing the card I consider that fairly conclusive evidence that usage matters with some lenders. 

;
Message 5 of 9
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Well being I got denied a cap 1 cli for the sole reason of not utilizing the card I consider that fairly conclusive evidence that usage matters with some lenders. 

The CapOne computer cares about utilization, but EO doesn't seemed to be as bothered.  Like I wrote above ...Went from 3K ---> 10K with only a $13/mo autopay

Message 6 of 9
peepers
Frequent Contributor

conclusive evidence from Cap 1

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One ® account. Unfortunately, your account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

In case you need a little more clarity, we´ve included some additional information on a separate page.

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 7 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@peepers wrote:

conclusive evidence from Cap 1

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One ® account. Unfortunately, your account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

In case you need a little more clarity, we´ve included some additional information on a separate page.

I'm stuck with their crappy BuyPower Card that their currently marketing all over the TV with commercials on how great it is. Try finding confidence with a World Elite Mastercard at $600 limit that even Victoria Secret beats out

Message 8 of 9
red259
Super Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

The CapOne computer cares about utilization, but EO doesn't seemed to be as bothered.  Like I wrote above ...Went from 3K ---> 10K with only a $13/mo autopay

I dunno. I feel sort of silly calling EO on a card I don't even use to ask for a CLI. Not sure how much they would go up on a 10k CLi anyway. 

;
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.