Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What card next?

Hello All,

I'm looking to get another good card. I'm not sure what to go for.
I only have

Crown Jewelers 1500
Credit One 200
Target 200

What would you do? I want some build up. My equifax score is only 2 days after 4 deletes and 1 update to no lates. So that currently only leaves 2 CA and few lates on citifinancial loan. I'm working on the last few but think it will be a long process.
Anyway, which company would you apply for?

Most everyone around here uses equifax so I only bought there score for right now.
TIA
- Brandi
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card next?

Me-DH-3Boys wrote:

Most everyone around here uses equifax so I only bought there score for right now.

What is the score?
Message 2 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Me-DH-3Boys wrote:
Hello All,

I'm looking to get another good card. I'm not sure what to go for.
I only have

Crown Jewelers 1500
Credit One 200
Target 200

What would you do? I want some build up. My equifax score is only 2 days after 4 deletes and 1 update to no lates. So that currently only leaves 2 CA and few lates on citifinancial loan. I'm working on the last few but think it will be a long process.
Anyway, which company would you apply for?

TIA
- Brandi

I'd say Target.  It's the only one you listed that will really grow with you, IMO.  Plus you can use to buy things that are practical, versus the CJ card.  I think you have to make a purchase on CJ before it even shows up on  your CR, and I'm not sure it reports to everyone.

That's just  my opinion -- of course my Target card started as a store card and turned into a 5k Visa.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already gotten the target. it is 200

My equifax is 590.

Sorry, I had my post all jumbled (it happens with kids, lol) I had all this stated in the first post. Sorry! Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Me-DH-3Boys wrote:
I've already gotten the target. it is 200

My equifax is 590.

Sorry, I had my post all jumbled (it happens with kids, lol) I had all this stated in the first post. Sorry! Smiley Wink

Wow - that was fast!  Congrats!

I did some looking for Credit One stuff.  Their max CL is 1k.  I think it's funny that their card uses the same loop design as the new Capital One cards.

Have you searched WGMC for people who have a 590'ish EQ?

Good luck!

ETA:  Whoops!  I'm sorry, I missed the "I already have" part of your post!

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 03-09-2008 10:52 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you willing to get a secured card?  If so, check out the BofA preapproval link and see if you might be preapproved for their secured card:

The BofA Secured Card will grow with you and eventually unsecure if you treat it well.  If BofA has nothing for you, then check a local CU or maybe the HSBC Card Selector:

Keep in mind that the subprime HSBC cards, like Orchard for example, won't grow with you as your credit improves over time.

Also check the CapitalOne page to find offers for you:

Click the link that says "See if you're pre-qualified" on this page:

Message 6 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:
Are you willing to get a secured card?  If so, check out the BofA preapproval link and see if you might be preapproved for their secured card:

The BofA Secured Card will grow with you and eventually unsecure if you treat it well.  If BofA has nothing for you, then check a local CU or maybe the HSBC Card Selector:

Keep in mind that the subprime HSBC cards, like Orchard for example, won't grow with you as your credit improves over time.

Also check the CapitalOne page to find offers for you:

Click the link that says "See if you're pre-qualified" on this page:

Hi Cheddar, does these links for preapproval cost a hard inquiry on CR?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:

Hi, concord.  No, these preapproval links are all soft pulls.  You're not actually applying for credit with them, you're just seeing if they have any offers for you.

Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Hi, concord.  No, these preapproval links are all soft pulls.  You're not actually applying for credit with them, you're just seeing if they have any offers for you.

As curious to find out, I went to all 3 websites and filled out info. BOA offers me a secured card / CapOne offers me Four No Hassle Visa Cards / HSBC offers me a MasterCard with $59 AF.  I have to say thanks but no Thanks. 
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.