Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card next???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What card next???

I started with an orchard bank card.  A few weeks later I got a pre-approval letter from Capital One.  I applied online and was floored when I was approved!   My credit scores are in the high 500's.  Is there any other cards you feel I would be approved for?  Also if I have my OB card does that mean I shouldn't have much trouble getting approved for other HSBC cards?   Thank you for your help.......
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card next???

Perhaps a card from a local credit union.  May have to go secured, though.

I wouldn't app for another HSBC card, though.  It seems if you have an Orchard Card, HSBC won't let you have another unless you get a preapproved offer.  You'll likely be denied for having the maximum number of cards from HSBC, and end up wasting an inquiry to boot.

Message 2 of 4
nicemann
Established Contributor

HSBC is weird.  I heard a lot of different things.  I had a Orchard first and then applied for the Best Buy MC (HSBC) and was approved.  It was not an approved card.  Did a cold apply on the website.  Guess it all depends on where the moon and stars line up.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

nicemann wrote:
HSBC is weird.  I heard a lot of different things.  I had a Orchard first and then applied for the Best Buy MC (HSBC) and was approved.  It was not an approved card.  Did a cold apply on the website.  Guess it all depends on where the moon and stars line up.

Yep, stories like yours are not uncommon, but the denial for maximum number of cards is also quite common and not worth risking the inquiry IMO.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.